Friday, September 13, 2013

Blog hopping with Core'dinations

The lawn fawn girls have been hopping with the Core'dinations team this week!

I just love their cardstock - perfect for embossing and sanding techniques that give a card an amazing amount of texture... check it:


I did a different coloring technique on the fox - doesn't he look fuzzy?  I stamped the outline in a very light memento ink.  As I colored him, the outline became less and less distinct.  It's so soft and artsy.  I want to try this on everything lawn fawn!

And then, there is the gorgeous woodgrain background to talk about...

I embossed a woodgrain pattern onto a piece of their brown cardstock and then used their sanding tool to bring out the pattern even more.  I love the kraft color that is revealed underneath, and the texture is so fun.

To add even more touchy-feely goodness, I roughed up the edges of the woodgrain piece and then sewed a wonky border all around.  

I hope you like it!  Check out the lawn fawn blog for even more inspiration.

♥.

10 comments:

  1. Wow, this is awesome! The way that you colored the fox looks so neat! And I really like the background and border that you created! I can't wait to try the no-line stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so cute!! I must try that colouring technique. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just too sweet! I love the woodgrain and the coloring on that fox. The little brad is perfect too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! What did you use to color the fox Elena? He's super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's such a great card, Elena! I'd love to try out your new technique! it looks awesome :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. GREAT work... I LOVE the no line fox and the background... looks like real wood... THANKS so much :) Hugs Ute

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that fox looks fantastic! What a fabulous technique!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did you Copics or colored pencils on your fox? I absolutely love the no-line look you achieved. He's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this so so so so so so so so much Elena!! Perfect colouring, that little fox is so adorable!! And perfect composition as well with the rest of the card. You are the Queen of Cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh so adorable! The soft coloring is amazing, and I will have to give the background look a try as I love anything woodgrain.

    ReplyDelete