Sunday, September 22, 2013

Trim the tree {lawn fawn inspiration week}

I am so excited to get into some Christmas crafting with you!

Fall? wut.

Thanksgiving? ok.

Halloween? it's aiight.

But Christmas?  oh by golly, let's be jolly!

Today, we are showcasing "trim the tree" and its matching set of dies:

trim the tree

Lawn fawn images are already "cute" but apparently, not cute enough - I had to go and add a smiley face to the tree.

trim the tree

I started out by stamping the tree onto my card-stock, and then only masked the base of the tree before creating the background.  I stamped out the "be merry" strip from peace, joy, love to cover my entire mat.

I colored in the tree's trunk and base and then paper-pieced the greenery.  Even when paper-piecing, I like to add a little bit of depth by swiping a matching copic marker where the shadows would appear.

A smiley-face, some blushy cheeks, and his best gingerbread bud to hang out with.  What more could a tree ask for?

trim the tree

A little shimmer on the star never hurt anybody.

I hope you liked today's card!  Check out the lawn fawn blog for many non-smiley tree options (hee.)

♥.

11 comments:

  1. So cute Elena! Love the smiley face and blushing cheeks on the tree! And I'm thinking that background stamping would also make for great wrapping paper should one have the patience to stamp it all, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your smiling tree is adorable! Love your background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. Love the "happy" tree waiting for the gifts to be placed under it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet! Your background stamping is amazing and love the shadow you added to the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely!! The smiley tree is my fave <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. So darn sweet! Love that you've added a face to the tree! Gives it some extra special cuteness. Great background. Love this. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable tree, love the bit of shimmer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cute, love the added smiley face on the tree. The background really got my attention, ok I love it all! hehehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too cute is right.
    I love the background
    you created.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete