Monday, August 12, 2013

an apple a day...

It's been so long since I've had time to enter any challenges.  I hope you don't think I've gotten too rusty.

an apple a day...

The buttons are for CAS-ual fridays, and the layout for CASE study.  I've been busy making little get well cards for Sofia, to stock up for when she's at home and feeling blue after her knee surgeries.  But this one is for my Thomas.  I wanted something special to tuck into his backpack on the first day of school...  a polka-dotted blue apple, just because.

an apple a day...

I cut out the leafy wreath with my silhouette.  (as an aside, if you own a silhouette, how often do you change out your blade for a fresh one? i'm trying to keep some balance between my cheapskate nature and my hatred of jagged, raggedy edges.)

The apple image is by Paper Smooches - my first PS set, and I still love it.  I colored it in with aqua copics, and used my colorless blender to create the polkadots.

I hope you like it!






17 comments:

  1. Nope, you still got it. I love this sweet polka dotted blue apple. The striped paper in the back, the dots, the die cut, perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is super sweet, Elena! I love your take on the inspiration photo-- your ideas are always so fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE! Thomas is going to love it too! I haven't changed my blade yet since I don't use my Cameo often. I'm so lazy to take it out and set it up every time I use it. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Elena! Rusty? What are you talking about? You're take on these challenges is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous! love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. nope, not rusty at all! This is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning apple..just too cute and so much fabulous detail too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. not rusty at all! LOVE the apple image and sentiment with all the buttons and enamel dots :) Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I love this card! You did such a great job, it doesn't look like you're close to getting rusty. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. No rusty-ness here...this is a cutie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Definitely not rusty...you totally nailed both challenges! Such a sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic card, Elena! Love the partial cut out and the design!
    Thanks for playing along in the CAS-ual Fridays challenge!
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Elena, this is absolutely GORGEOUS! Awesome die cut use! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I adore this card. And I love that it is for your son.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hahaha, "rusty" is one word I would never think of for you!! Your sweet card for your son is sooooo adorable, and well designed. Absolutely LOVE it. So glad you joined the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    PS. I'm a cheap-skate and hate changing my blade, have only done it once and it didn't seem to make a difference. I have a problem with the Silhouette cutting where it's not supposed to (like if I'm cutting a word, the last letter will randomly be raised 1/8" in). I haven't really used it much since then. It doesn't happen every time either. So strange.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is simply amazing, congratulations on your win at Case Study :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so cute and perfect. Absolutely adore that colour and pattern combo, and the composition is perfect!

    ReplyDelete