Friday, August 9, 2013

it's personal.


I created this card for the end of the school year, but since it's almost back to school time, I thought it would be fun to share it now...

Also, because I wanted to share that I will no longer be designing for Clear and Simple Stamps.  I will definitely still be using their products on my blog (like this apple die) because they are fantastic, but it will be just for fun from now on.

This past month has been a bit of a rough one for my family: 

My grandmother (we called her our Teta, the arabic word for grandma) passed away, which hurt me more deeply than I could have imagined.  She was my last living grandparent.

We are having Thomas tested, to see if switching him to the English program at school would help him to shine brighter and learn in a less stressful way.  Not every child learns the same way, and I never, ever want Thomas to feel like he's anything less than the brilliant little person that I already know him to be.

The first day of school will involve helping Thomas onto the school bus, as well as bringing Sofia in to the hospital for her double-knee surgery.  After her pre-op this past Wednesday, Sofia told the nurse: "I'm excited and really nervous to come here."  It all became very real, and we've shed some nervous tears together already.

Sofia's recovery will be very long: 6 weeks in full-leg casts, and then intensive rehab.  Prognosis?  I'm going to be busy home-schooling, crafting with, and caring for my babe, all the while trying to keep up with the other two.  I'm imagining that my blog posts will become a little sparse, but in all honestly, I'm not really sure what to expect.  I might be needing the escape of stamping and blogging even more than ever!  

Some of you have already asked if you could send Sofia a get well card, or little package.  To say that I am touched in an understatement.  If anyone else would like to send her something, I know it would brighten her spirits in September and October.  Just shoot me an email and I will give you our mailing address.

♥.

19 comments:

  1. OH Elena, what a time for your family. I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your grandmother - there's also something about losing your last grandparent that hurts so much. :(
    Fingers crossed for you that in time things will settle and that you'll find the best way for Thomas to be educated, and that Sofia's op goes OK and she has a smooth recovery.
    Sending you big hugs! ♥
    xx
    P.S Your card is awesome (as always)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elena, you have so very much coming at you right now! I love how you are pouring yourself into your children! Wishing you all the very best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing and you will make it all work, and in great style too! Praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Elena, hugs to you my friend! I will be praying for you and your family as you continue to grieve and as this difficult season passes. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is so cute! I wanted to send you some positive thoughts with the upcoming months. I hope everything turns out well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Elena! I'm wishing you all the best and just want to send all the hugs in the world to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hugs to you, Elena. I'm glad you got to see your grandmother one last time, but I know it hurts and is sad. There is something about losing that last grandparent, isn't there? I hope all goes well with your family...Thomas's testing and Sofia's surgery. You have a lot on your plate right now. I'm sending good thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elena I'm so sorry for your loss. You sound like you have a lot on your plate right now. Stepping back and taking care of your family sounds like the best thing for you. I will keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers. Take care.

    Your apple card is darling, a sweet and simple design!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hugs to you Elena. I can't imagine going through all this at once...prayers to you and your family. I'm sure your Teta will be watching down on your kids during this trying time. Great card by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Elena, I subscribe to your lovely blog and have got a few friends to do so as well. Sending you an email, and lots of hugs, family first, there will be plenty of time for blogging later x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello,
    I'm an email follower, and though I don't comment much I do follow and read every post update. :) I just wanted you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers, and to hang in there. :) God won't bring you to it if He can't bring you through it. That's my motto, anyway. :) Will be thinking of you often. {HUGS}

    Lauren
    http://landersoncraftydesigns.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Here is what we know for sure: I know you are a talent...you know what is important. Love L anderson's quote :) Hang in there friend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sorry for your struggles. It will get better! I am sorry you are leaving CSS, but you are a smart cookie for taking care of your time in the way that is best for you and your family. Best of luck with the surgery and the school issues.
    ps. love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had no idea that so much was going on for you. I am so sorry to hear about your Grandmother. That is so very sad. It sounds like you are doing what you need to do--to take care of your family and yourself. Perhaps I missed the post where you talked about your little one needing double knee surgery. Wow. I would love to send her a little sunshine. I've got your address already.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sorry to hear about your grandmother. You certainly have a lot on your plate. Sending you good thoughts on all fronts and support to do what you need to do for you and your family. HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So sorry Elena... Sometimes everything just come together and it's exhausting... I have only a grandparent left and I think I know what you're talking about, big hugs to you. Oh! And very pretty card btw!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sorry to hear that you are going through a very hard time now... I lost my last grandparent last spring, my grandmother... I miss her so much...
    Big hugs to you!
    I would love to send a little package to your sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete