Friday, August 16, 2013

we're better together.

a just for fun card, to celebrate the end of a long week.

we're better together.


I'm still trying to make my way through my small pile of uninked stamps... I just love these wplus9 images!  If you own this set (milk & cookies), how do you attach the straw?  It doesn't take much to confuse me (sigh) but I tried the following:


  1. I die-cut the straw and laid it on top of the jar, but something about it looked unnatural and weird to me...
  2. I stamped the straw into the milk bottle, but since the milk bottle was already die cut, I didn't have the top half sticking out.
I settled on this:

we're better together.

odd? or acceptable?  I stamped the straw into the milk bottle and then stamped it again onto its own die-cut.  Then, I lined it up (although the camera angle makes it look a little off, grrr....) and cut off the bottom excess.  I'm not sure how I feel about that.

But, I do love me some milky vellum.  I stamped the milk bottle onto vellum, and trimmed it just inside the black outline.  I used a white paint marker to color the back of the vellum.  (bonus: having colored the vellum, I could use glue to adhere it without it showing through!)

we're better together.

Happy weekend!

♥.

16 comments:

  1. Adorable!!!! I don't have that stamp set, but I do think you did a fabulous job attaching the straw! This card is gorgeous and so wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! And acceptable...I wouldn't have even notices if you hadn't brought it up. Love the milk vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Acceptable for sure! Love your design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmmm...cookies!! I love that you included 6...i mean really..whose going to eat just 2 or 3????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super sweet, Elena! I was debating on ordering this set.... you've used it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the milky vellum Elena! Love...love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cute, Elena! I have this set, too, but haven't inked it either, so I haven't faced that straw dilemma...But on the website, it kinda looks to me that they've done the same thing you have. Love the vellum...SWEET card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable Elena, love the colors! I think your straw looks pretty good, completely acceptable to me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too adorable...as usual! I think your use of the straw is well done and I love your use of vellum for the milk. My wish list from wplus9 keeps on getting longer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet card! I like this stamp set too and I like milk with cookies - what can be better/ :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sweet, Elena!! I think the straw looks great how you did it! Mmm.. milk and cookies!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Is there anything you can't do?! This set is adorable, but so completely eludes me. I love how you used it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think your straw is just perfect! Love your charming card, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I totally lol'd at this post - I think I've yet to ink up this set for a quite similar reason! I think your solution totally works and looks so deceptively perfect that I'd never have known it was such a struggle. Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Elena, I had to come her and leave a note, too. I just saw your card in the flickr gallery. Love everything about it! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete