Thursday, August 22, 2013

Happy 35th! {a teeny celebration}

35! a tiny celebration.

A grown man doesn't need a big party... all my husband asked for was a nice bottle of scotch and a book.  But the kids and I did something fun for him anyways...

It all started with this card, from my friend Laurie's blog.  I never know what to buy from the silhouette store until someone makes something cute and shows me. hee.  Click *here* for the cake card file.

35! a tiny celebration.

I made him this card, and cut it out the same way that Laurie did: apart from the aqua card base, everything else was cut from the same sheet of cream cardstock.  She colored all of her candles with copics, but I sponged my color on.  I like the variation in color I can get that way... The only stamping I did was to add an aqua woodgrain to the cake base.

35! a tiny celebration.

From this card, I set out to create a few treats and also.... flat Amar:

35! a tiny celebration.


The kids were in fits of giggles.  Maia clasped her hands to her mouth and shrieked: it's daddy!  I think it's pretty much the best use of my CSS rag doll dies... evah.  I did use the silhouette to cut those glasses.  And what could go better with flat hubby than a few mustache-topped cucpakes?  (ps, the kids helped with the icing, which makes the sloppiness completely acceptable.)

35! a tiny celebration.

Since cupcakes were our only treat, I decided to dress up the table a tiny bit.

35! a tiny celebration.

A hand-drawn fork, next to a handlebar mustache.  naturally.

35! a tiny celebration.

I used packing paper and did some quick placemat doodles with a black sharpie.

35! a tiny celebration.

I hope you like our tiny celebration!  Amar was delighted when he came home to see all of this (and, I'd like to think his favorite part was the flat version of himself.)

Happy birthday to the best partner and man I know!


♥.


17 comments:

  1. Ha, ha, I sooo much love your tiny celebrationparty!!!
    It's sooo sweet of you all and I bet he must have appreciated all the effort it took you and the kids to give him such a surprise on his birthday!!
    Bye and huge congrats from the Netherlands,

    Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was it Amar's birthday yesterday? We share the same birthday! Happy 35th! I'm sure he adored it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cutest party ever! Love the hand drawn tablecloth and gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday Amar! What a fun sweet party, your family is beautiful I hope you set the timer and got a few shots with you in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to Amar! Looks like a very fun party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is hilarious! I love flat Amar, and I love the placemat doodles, so fun! Looks like you guys had a wonderful party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! Heehee! Love flat Amar! Happy Birthday Amar! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic celebration you and your kiddos created for Amar!! Love all of the special little details---especially the flat Amar and the hand-drawn placemats!! What a beautiful family you have!!! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HOW CUTE! yes I'm yelling!! Did he love it??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooohhhhhh!! Absolutely stunning little celebration!! Love that little cut out looking like your main man! So clever!! What a wonderful way to celebrate the day and get everyone involved and giggling!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it all! Flat Amar, hand-drawn placemats, mustache cupcakes...oh what a cute little party!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Firstly, I have to tell you what a beautiful family you have!!! How fun that the kids got involved in this party, too!

    I just LOVE your card, your table setting...hand drawn placemats and forks? You are amazing, Elena! Thanks so much for your inspiration...and Happy B-Day to hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hahahaha This is just too cute, fun and wonderfull!! What a little perfect party and the "flat Amar" cracks me up, you're a genius!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such an awesome set up! You have such a beautiful family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Flat Amar is totally cracking me up!! My favourite detail is the hand-doodled placemats though! Stroke of genius!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is very adorable and awesome ! :)

    ReplyDelete