Tuesday, August 20, 2013

yee-haw! it's a cowboy party, y'all!

yee-haw! my nephew's 5.

If you follow me on instagram (mom2sofia) you would have seen a few advance pictures of my nephew's 5th birthday party.  It was all cowboys and grub and horses-on-sticks.  My sister designed the printables (they will be up in her shop by the end of the week,) and I styled her table.

yee-haw! my nephew is 5.

The easiest way to create huge impact was to print very little of the banners and food labels, and instead to print an obscene amount of those wanted posters.  My sister printed 3 of them at first.  What she was hoping to accomplish with that, I couldn't understand.  I told her to print another twenty.

yee-haw! my nephew is 5.

Instant backdrop.  We stuck them up with washi tape, right over her vintage framed map.

yee-haw! my nephew is 5.

We kept the food simple: hot dogs (rodeo dogs), taters 'n slaw (potato and coleslaw salads), and a few others...

yee-haw! my nephew is 5.

yee-haw! my nephew is 5.


...and a few "sweet thangs." The birthday boy nixed a cake in favor of dirt pudding - we stuck a few toys on top and called it cowboy appropriate.

yee-haw! my nephew is 5.

Tiny cookies, leftover icing, and lollipop sticks.  Who knew they'd make the perfect rustic treat?

yee-haw! my nephew is 5.

yee-haw! my nephew is 5.

yee-haw! my nephew is 5.

The cowboys on either side of the banner were cut using the silhouette cameo, and I also contributed these bags full of coin:

yee-haw! my nephew is 5.

I used lawn fawn alphas to stamp the words onto muslin bags.  Stamping on plain bags is a great way to personalize them!

Along with their bags of loot, the birthday guests each took home one of these:

yee-haw! my nephew is 5.

Aren't they cute, with their yarn-y smiles?  And, speaking of cute.... my cowgirl niece:

yee-haw! my nephew is 5.

We had a great time planning and styling this party!  I hope you liked it, and happy birthday to the sweet boy who made me an auntie for the first time.

yee-haw! my nephew is 5.

♥.

20 comments:

  1. That looks like such an adorable birthday party!! Your parties always look so amazing! Yeehaw! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sooo cute Elena!! I love the little horses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... some vision boards are larger then others!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to be a kid again, so that you could adopt me.
    :D :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'll adopt you, and your chubby cheeked cutie too! lol!

      Delete
  5. Oh,wow, Elena! This is all so fabulous!
    I think I need you to come to Manitoba to help me with Sage's party next month....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what kind of party does this want this year? you always make the cutest cakes for their parties!

      Delete
  6. Absolutely perfect party! I totally love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome party! Holy cow! Those horses are fantastic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know! my sister did an awesome job with those!

      Delete
  8. Brilliant party ensemble Elena! I remember the year my son opted for dirt pudding topped with mounds of gummy worms for his birthday party! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just wow! Such a fun party ensemble!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So fun! I love the wanted posters and those great little horses! You guys throw the best parties!

    ReplyDelete
  11. *sigh* You make me feel like such a rookie. ;)

    And you and your sister could be twins.

    LOVE this theme, and all the ways you styled it. So perfect! But it always is - you're the master at parties!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You never cease to amaze me with your talent, Elena!!! Your parties are ALWAYS AMAZING, and this was no exception!!! Have you ever thought of going into business doing this? I'm sure you could make a nice buck, and make a lot of children very happy...just a thought :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You knock it out of the ballpark every time, another fantastic party!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOWZERS, Elena!!! What a fantastic party!!! Every little detail is just perfect and totally fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is amazing!! I wish I have you nearer me to make my parties :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Seriously, become a party planner. That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing !!! It's just perfect ! Wooow !

    ReplyDelete