Tuesday, August 13, 2013

fortune #337: jolly times are in your future.

I just happened to have a bag of coconut marshmallows in our pantry, and then I saw the moxie fab holiday food & treat wrap challenge pop up.  Game on.

snowballs are in your future

Obviously, a snowman jumping out of a chinese takeout box was the way to go.  ha.  I had just made a silhouette purchase for the box shape, and making frosty friends was lying on my desk... so, it wasn't so much a brilliant idea as it was lazy convenience *wink*

snowballs are in your future

Having the snowman jump out of the takeout box, all Betty Boop style, cracks me up.  I'm kind of hoping someone else giggles a little too... I can't be the only weirdo up in here.  I cut apart the flaps of the takeout box image, and glued them to the outsides, so that I could fit mr. frosty in there.

Don't you love the new Lawn Fawn papers?  The patterns are so sweet.

snowballs are in your future

Using the silhouette software, I was able to create the custom sentiment to fit exactly inside the fortune frame.  I love how it curves and everything.

I put a little baggie of those marshmallows inside, but I also thought of fortune cookies, half dipped in chocolate and rolled in red or green sprinkles.  That would be a cute Christmas treat!

I hope you like it!

12 comments:

  1. I love this! That snowman is one of my faves and I love your custom sentiment... and coconut marshmallows? Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I love the sentiment! And the twine handle is just right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just darling! What a happy coincidence to have all these elements just waiting to be combined!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! That snowman popping out kills me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is just too cute! So happy that I have that Silhouette file and will be CASeing you on this one. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is too amazingly clever!! I love it, soooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute! I giggled when I saw the snowman! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so sweet! Love the snowman! Such a great idea for cookie exchanges :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Elena! Thanks for linking this up to the Holiday Food & Treat Wrap Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So so so so so so cute!! Making Frosty Friends is my favourite Lawn Fawn set and I love this spin on using it - the snowman jumping out of the little box is genius and hilarious at the same time!

    ReplyDelete