Monday, August 19, 2013

it's noel, dearie.

not quite, I know.  we're heading into another mini heatwave this week, and it feels weird to post Christmas tags, but that's how the crafty bug hit this weekend!

it's noel, dearie.

Our lawnscaping challenge is distressing - use distress inks or markers for your project.

I created a little set of reindeer tags, using lawn fawn's critters in the snow.

it's noel, dearie.

They came together very quickly, since the reindeer isn't colored at all.  Here are the steps:

  1. stamp the frame
  2. mask the outside of the frame, and stamp the reindeer inside
  3. mask the reindeer and rub antique linen distress ink to fill the frame
  4. remove the masks and smile
  5. hand cut the frame, add the red to rudolph's nose and handwrite "noel" onto a die-cut banner.
it's noel, dearie.

They're a bit vintage, and a whole lot of sweet.

Add a doily and some twine to make it an extra special christmas package.

it's noel, dearie.


I hope you enter our lawnscaping challenge!  You could win a prize from our sponsor, lawn fawn!




I'm also entering these tags into the following challenges:


moxie fab world: holiday gift tag challenge

festive friday: FFC15



Thanks for stopping by ♥.

26 comments:

  1. what a wonderful tag!! wow!! it's gorgeous and soft and definitly gives off the wintery feel! lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tag. Love the soft colors with the pop of red!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet, I looooove it! And wow, that's your handwriting? please, I need that as a stamp! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you've sponged the background to make the deer pop! This is really sweet! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so sweet! I love them, that deep wine colored banner is just right and your handwriting is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your technique! The deer looks awesome, and I couldn't figure out how you'd done it! Thank you for explaining! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are so so good. remove the mask and *smile*...funny girl

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such pretty tags! They're so festive that it *almost* makes me forget we're still in August!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful, Elena! Thank you for explaining how to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! What gorgeous tags. I never would have thought to make that reindeer look so elegant. I just found your blog and love it. I'm a new follower :)


    Best crafty wishes!
    Amber
    Staying Crafty

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are wonderful, Elena! And that's your handwriting? It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the CAS sweet vintage look. These are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw, so sweet Elena...it really looks great on the little package with the doily!!! Thanks so much for linking this up with us at Festive Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love these charming tags...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know I am crazy late posting on this... forgive me.

    I am SO glad you played this week! I knew this was one that was right up your alley - how nice that it all worked out!!

    Your patience astounds me, what with all the masking and hand cutting. I could never do this as effortlessly as you make it all seem.

    You know I love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those are absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those are absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your tags are just the sweetest! And I really love it when you add the doily and twine. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey Elena! Thanks for linking this up to the Holiday Gift Tag Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a cute and clever idea! Love Step 4 especially. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a fabulous tag, and congratulations on your Moxie Fab win.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful and perfect. Your work is always so polished. Congrats on your moxie fab win!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love these! By any chance did you use a die to cut the doilies? I would live o make something similar for Christmas gifts.

    ReplyDelete