Wednesday, May 30, 2018

A scuba party! (for Lawn Fawn)

Hi there!

Every month I show you how Lawn Fawn products can be used for party decor. This month, I decided to go deep... for a scuba party!

scuba party! (for Lawn Fawn)

I used images from You Are Sublime to inspire this month's party theme. That scuba diver is so cute!

scuba party! (for Lawn Fawn)


You can't have a scuba party without including a few yellow submarines! I cut a few Scalloped Treat Boxes out of yellow cardstock and used circle dies to mimic portholes.

scuba party! (for Lawn Fawn)


I attached a wavy banner (from the Shadow Box Card Ocean Add-On die set) stamped with a greeting from You Are Sublime. I love that the wave of the banner gives a nod to ocean waves! And by sponging the edges with a darker blue ink, the navy cardstock looks so much more deep and rich.

scuba party! (for Lawn Fawn)


To bring in more of the ocean theme, I came up with the simplest decor - but it really packs a punch! I grabbed a few picture frames I had lying around the house, and cut Stitched Wave Borders in shades of blue and layered them inside. I love this idea so much! If I were hosting a full party, I would fill even more frames and have them all layered and stacked around the party table. The frames are from Ikea, by the way!

scuba party! (for Lawn Fawn)

Since everything else on the table is on the simpler side, I went all out with the cupcake toppers. One special thing on your party table is enough to draw the eye in! I cut yellow cupcake wrappers, and then created little scenes inside of Porthole Frames to stick inside of the cupcakes.

scuba party! (for Lawn Fawn)


Each scene is just a tiny bit different in how they are laid out, but all of the elements are the same.

scuba party! (for Lawn Fawn)


I used the Stitched Wave Borders inside the portholes, so add extra depth and interest.

scuba party! (for Lawn Fawn)


The yellow submarines make another appearance on the drink bottles!

scuba party! (for Lawn Fawn)

I always try to reinforce the party colors with each element on the table, so I used a lighter blue to wrap the bottle, and then brought in some navy in the straws.

scuba party! (for Lawn Fawn)

I hope you like it! This is one of my faves - while I was crafting it, it made me wish that my Thomas was still little! I would have loved to have created this for him a few years ago. Now, he's 11 and all into laser tag and PS4 games and "nothing too babyish." ha.

♥.

No comments:

Post a Comment