Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Art party decorations

Over the holidays, I got to know my silhouette a bit better, and created these fun decorations for a special little girl's 4th birthday party.

I love, love, love it when I get to work with the same mama for multiple parties.  I created *this* ultra-girly ensemble for Maya's 3rd birthday party.

For her 4th, we ventured into a more unisex and bright art party theme:

Art party

Yes, those are the same cake pops I featured on the last post, which were made for our New Year's Eve party - promise they won't be recycled again (mostly because they've all been eaten)

I used this cut file to create all of the decorations you see in this post.  I can't tell you how proud I am of myself for learning how to convert the cut file into a print & cut, so that it could be used throughout the party.  The digital scrapbook papers were purchased from this shop.

Art party

With the paintbrushes being so small on these dessert/tool labels, I didn't want the headache of assembling all of the pieces - turning the file into a print & cut was a great way to go!

Art party

Love these water bottle labels.

Art party

The "artist tools" held the kid cutlery together.

Art party

Place-cards for each kid, held up on an artist's easel.  They were going to be doing some painting at this party!

Art party

The favor jars (I just threw together whatever multi-colored candies I had around the house for this photo, but I think she was gifting jars of crayons) with a brightly-colored tag.

Art party

I hope you like the decorations I made!  It was a fun little experiment, and amazing practice with my silhouette, but I did miss getting inky with my stamps :)

If you're new to the silhouette, and would like to know how I turned the cut file into a print & cut, let me know!  Maybe I could put together a little tutorial.

Thanks for popping by!

21 comments:

  1. What a great party ensemble Elena! Bet Maya had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute I really ike this set and beautiful photos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful! I just bought a cameo so I'd love to see a tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, Penny! i'll put something together soon!

      Delete
  4. such an amazing ensamble for any one!!!! ADORABLE!! wow!! and excited that it was all created with the silhouette! so CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome, awesome and awesome. Heck yea I'd love to see a tutorial. I have a cameo and have no idea the capabilities of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so fabulous, Elena! I'm always in awe of all the little coordinated details!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am always inspired by your fabulous party decorations. My little man turns 2 in 6 months. I am already thinking about getting ahead in planning his party. Crazy, I know. Looking forward to your print and cut tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your party decos! This is another hit. Colorful, fun, and the theme is so fresh and current. I love the creativity of the paintbrushes in the first picture, sticking out of the cupcakes with Maya's name in between. Clever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looovee it Elena! So much fun!^_^

    ReplyDelete
  10. I say it again - I'm so lucky Ted has no idea that parties can look this amazing - I feel sorry for him but there's just no chance I could come anywhere near something like this - so I'll give up completely and buy some Lightning mc queen stuff (-:
    Have a wonderful week-end, hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love love love this ones.. and what are those fabulous zig-zag lines called?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh no... I missed the artist party?! What a fun party. I love all the cute and colorful things you made. The brushes are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute! I miss the stamps... oh how I miss them, but all the puns are darling and it is perfectly polished.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is seriously amazing Elena!! I love it so much!! You certainly know how to throw a party!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome post! This is a very nice party idea to celebrate a birthday party for a girl. Thank you for posting the wonderful photos. - balloonz.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your techniques on the party decorations. What program do u use for the print and cut silhouette ? can i use it on Microsoft word?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nikas! i used the silhouette program exclusively for these decorations - and you don't need to own a silhouette to download the program. You can download it and use it to print and then hand-cut everything if you want.

      Delete
  17. Hi! I would love a tutorial on how to do this exact party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for your interest!. It was published to my blog 2.5 years ago, and unfortunately, I don't have the files any longer and I haven't used my silhouette cutter for almost a year! I'd be starting from scratch to remember how I even created the decorations :) I do know that I used the tutorials on print & cutting from Under a Cherry Tree. Her blog is so fantastic for showing how to make great things with the silhouette cutter! I hope that helps!

      Delete