Tuesday, January 29, 2013

you balance me out.


Just a super quick post, because I wanted to play around with today's card class assignment: creating one-layer cards.

you balance me out.

I slipped tiny little hearts into Libra's balances (from Mama Elephant's "cosmic stars" set) by way of - what else? - masking.  I then stamped a custom sentiment around her, and colored the letters in with copics.



I sewed on some washi tape (wow, that sounds weird) and added a little banner that I found in my scrap pile.  It pays to keep things :)

Thanks for popping by!


16 comments:

  1. Eeeek! This is just too cute for words! I haven't seen sewing done on washi yet- LOVE the look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha - this is awesome Elena!!! The sewing on washi tape is a great little design touch - love it and love your originality in this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!!! this is just TOOO cute!!!! wow!!! amazing! LOVE the coloring!! and definitely LOVE the sewed washi tape!!! who knew?! awesome! wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute, Elena! I love how you used the little Libra stamp-- so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute!! love the gradient in the letters!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Got to catch up...Already day two and I haven't even gotten to day one!!! Awesome amazing one layered card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So clever and cute. Beautiful coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable! Love the shading on the letters, so so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute card Elena! Love that image.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So, so cute! Love her. And... I'm a Libra! Not that I pay any attention to it really. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just too adorable! Love the image and the washi tape!

    ReplyDelete