Saturday, January 26, 2013

new house thank you {Saturday Creations}

***this is my second post of the day.  If you're looking for the new CSS release post, scroll down, or click here***

new house thank you.

Even though I haven't moved, don't plan to move, hate the thought of moving, I created a thank you card for the newly-relocated, recently-gifted person.  A new house thank you card.

I used PTI's barn die to create my folded card, but chopped the barn roof so it looked like a regular house roof instead.

I embossed the home with a striped embossing folder - I thought it looked a little cottag-y that way, like wood planks all across the front.

The roof was the only tedious part of the project:  I cut strips of paper with a scallop paper punch, and adhered them, starting at the base of the roof and working my way up.  Before adhering them, I sponged all of the edges - I love the dimension that gives the paper.

new house thank you.

The Precious Remembrance sentiment is one big panel - isn't it cute?  I colored in all of the squares (thank you for... the gift, being you, everything) but I added glossy accents to the square that reads: everything.  It's much more obvious in real life, and a cute touch.

I hope you like it!  Have a great weekend - we'll be driving across the border for an American breakfast with the kids, just for fun, and to celebrate that I made it through the week as a single mum.  Husbands should never have to travel for work - our family isn't the same without him!  (Actually, I overheard the kids talking about it and it was hilarious: "when daddy comes home, I'm gonna hug him and then put him in time out, because that's what happens when you do something wrong.  Daddy will have to promise never to go away again.")

10 comments:

  1. CA-ute! I love your little house! Those shutters are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh - This is so SUPER SWEET! LOVE it Elena!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card!!! And way to go on surviving the week! That is a hilarious time out story!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Elena! That roof is amazing and I love how you adhered the stamped panel with that cute washi tape!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's such a cute little house! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha!! I love how kids interpret the rules - Emma is like that, now that she's old enough to really understand consequences.

    This is SO cute - and your roof is totally worth the trouble. And I can see the glossy accents!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card, Elena! I love the cottage look and how you adapted the barn die to make it!
    Congratulations on making it through the week-- and I'm glad your hubby is home!

    ReplyDelete
  8. how sweet is this little house...! Love the roof:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty card and that washi is gorgeous! What brand is that, do you mind my asking? I've been looking for a pretty floral print almost exactly like that.

    ReplyDelete