Saturday, January 19, 2013

I ♥ you {saturday creations}

this is my second post of the day.  if you are looking for the latest CSS release post, scroll down or click *here*

Are you loving the new set from Precious Remembrance?  Even though it's a "thank you"  set, Dyane added some great sentiments that keep the set very all-purpose.

I ♥ you.

I used the "I ♥ you" circle to create this cozy valentine's day card.

I ♥ you.

It was the perfect opportunity to break out my package of heart veneers.  A few of them stacked perfectly over the heart in the stamped image.  (but what's up with the scraggly edge on the peeking heart?  I didn't notice it until I uploaded the picture)

I ♥ you.

I used CSS dies to cut my favor flags, and their "create a plaid" stamp set to make this classic tartan pattern. I think one of my girls has a skirt in this pattern :)

The card background was stamped with a strip of  PTI's text style II, and I actually broke out the sewing machine for this one.  I haven't done that in awhile!

Thanks for popping by (again!)  Have a great weekend - after breakfast, I have a date with my favorite 5 year old.  I ♥ spending time with each kidlet - it's so much quieter... ha.

8 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, Elena!! I love the little bit of a scallop at the top and the muted colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so pretty!! And I am loving that its a valentines day card made from a thank you set! And i am also digging the vintage feel! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an awesome card Elena. I think the heart stamp looks so much better with that veneer on top of it - and I love that plaid!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! This is so BEAUTIFUL! Great design and wonderful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super sweet! Love the plaid banners!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! I love everything about this card, really outstanding!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Elena! I just love the plaid banners at the angles!
    :) Jill

    ReplyDelete