Saturday, January 26, 2013

Doily-embossed love notes {CSS new release}

doily-embossed love notes

There is beautiful new product being released with CSS today, and I am so pleased to be showing off the "tri-fold 2 die" and the new doily stamp.  I've created some special valentine's day treats:

doily-embossed love notes

Here's what I did with the tri-fold 2:  I stamped it with the woodgrain background (from "background basics 1"), rubbed distress ink all over it, and then embossed the new doily image over-top.  I inked up my stamp first in versamark ink, and then into my color, and sprinkled the stamped image with clear embossing powder.  It's a subtle pop, compared with a colored embossing powder, but pretty nonetheless.


doily-embossed love notes

Once open, the woodgrain pattern is present also, as well as a simple little valentine's day love-note.  And a cookie.  The mini tri-fold 2 die has room for embellishments or skinny treats - I love that!  

doily-embossed love note

I colored the owl's belly a light pink, and the leaf a red/pink combination.  The rest I left plain, since the envelope needed no competition.

doily-embossed love notes

Click on over to see what the other designers have created with these products:

Audrey Lori Dana Jen CSS

8 comments:

  1. LOVE these... that's a great die. I love your treatment, too... it's like rustic whimsy, or something. SO perfectly you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing short of awesome Elena - but that's what I've come to expect of you! :-) I love the rustic look of the envelopes, the addition of the doily in that colour brings to mind some of that awesome My Minds Eye paper that was out last year! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing little gift wrap. Perfect size for a love note.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great wrap Elena. You always do fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! So sweet, love the size of the doily and those CSS dies are so hard to resist!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving this so cute, the owl is such a cute touch

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are awesome! i thought they were wood at first!

    ReplyDelete