Saturday, January 12, 2013

Hoop art gift set {CSS medallions}

I'm so excited to be showing off the newest CSS release: medallions 1 and medallions 2 stamp sets.

hoop art gift set

I had the best time getting inky and artistic and created full pages of my own designer papers.  I changed up the stamps on every sheet, but kept to a grey/beige, pink, and light blue color scheme to make sure that everything coordinated.  My best tip for creating diy patterned paper?  Stamp the bigger elements first, and then fill in with the smaller ones.  And, if you're scared of stamping a random design, why don't you do what I did and evenly space out your medallions?  I plotted out my patterns, and erased the pencil lines when I was done.

hoop art gift set

I've featured the patterns on this card - cut up my diy patterned papers and stitched them onto a raised panel.  I also created a coordinating envelope liner.

hoop art gift set

I used more of my diy paper in this embroidery hoop.  I grabbed a naked embroidery hoop that I had lying around, gave it a coat of blue paint and fitted the inside with my favorite medallion design.  The sentiment is perfect, and from the CSS set "rag doll mia: banner."  I also stamped and cut out a butterfly from the "au naturel" set, to coordinate with my card, which featured another image from that set.

When I set out to create the hoop, I didn't think I'd like it as much as I do - it's on display on my nightstand now, and makes me happy every time I see it.

hoop art gift set

I hope you like what I came up with!  Click over to these designers to see more of what's being released today:

7 comments:

  1. So pretty, Elena! Everything you make is just so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your soft colors inspire me. I love the embroidery hoop SO MUCH! Everything is so darn pretty. I just love it ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful stamped designs you have created1!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love so many things about this! Beautiful color combination and patterned paper. Your pictures turned out fantastic. What an awesome gift this would make!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ι dοn't even know how I ended up here, however I thought this post was once good. I don't unԁеrstаnԁ who
    you are but definitelу you're going to a well-known blogger in the event you aren't
    аlгeady. Сheers!

    Ϻy ωeblog - nootropic recipes
    Look at my web page ... do nootropics help with memory

    ReplyDelete