Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Have a SUPER valentine's day {CSS group project}

have a SUPER v-day

I couldn't let Valentine's day come and go without using the rag doll super hero set.  And, when I saw *this card* on Joy Taylor's blog, I was inspired to make a black & white version of my favorite rag doll, with the pop of color in the sentiment.

have a SUPER v-day

My little Thomas has 20 kids in his class... I've made 10 of these sweet tags so far :)  They're tall enough to be used as a bookmark, or to be able to adhere a lollipop to the back.

have a SUPER v-day

I started out with a piece of white cardstock, and stamped "super" first.  I created masks for just the "u" and the "p" and stamped my rag doll with all of his superhero accessories (his mask, his cape, and his "s" for superhero!)  I then borrowed "valentine's day" (I cut off the "it's" from the sentiment, from "sweet sentiments: holidays") and typed up "have a" on my computer.

I hope you like it!  A few of the other designers have projects waiting for you as well:



And, there's more me on the CSS app today:

Click on the image to be taken to the app store, where you can download the CSS app for extra, not-seen-anywhere daily inspiration.

Until next time...




7 comments:

  1. These are adorable Elena! Your kids are so lucky....the teachers at school must always be asking you to help with stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful valentines!! I need to start thinking about what we're going to do this year...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, CSS should come out with an Elena super hero stamp:) Just plain awesome!

    BTW, what do you use for masking? Eclipse? Copy paper? Just wondering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, JJ! i'd make a pretty cute superhero :). I use mostly eclipsys masking paper, but if the post-its are closer at hand, I might use those too :)

      Delete
  4. SUPER cute!! love them in black and white coloring with the words popping in color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much love for these! <3 Amazing! Love the black and white and the pop of color!

    ReplyDelete