Monday, January 14, 2013

Thanks ♥ {Precious Remembrance}

Hi friends,

I am (a little/very) late in posting this today, but with good reason: I only received my "thanks stamp set" in the mail after lunch (grumble, grumble... mailing to Canada is so slow), and couldn't resist settling down immediately to create a card with this fun bunch 'o stamps.

The latest release from Precious Remembrance is my favorite so far.  With only a bit of time, I put together a vintage paper/watercolor number for you:

thanks ♥

I overlapped the heart on the "thank you" crossword puzzle image, and the one in the "thanks" sentiment.  And, for fun, I added a heart from our previously released "positive thoughts" set.  I started out by stamping the crossword image in a water-based brown ink (Stampin' Up's "soft suede) onto watercolor paper and smudged everything but the diagonal "thank you" that I wanted to highlight.  Once that dried, I stamped the "thanks" sentiment, and the red heart, and masked only the crossword image to be able to stamp the notebook paper image over-top (from a lawn fawn set.)

Hope you like what I've created today!  Click over to the Precious Remembrance blog to see what the other designers came up with!

4 comments:

  1. This would have taken me a whole day, Elena! It's gorgeous! I love the water coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That one's pinned, Elena. It's so dang cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the mail to Canada kills me sometimes!
    Fabulous card, Elena! I love the watercolour effect you gave it!

    ReplyDelete