Tuesday, April 8, 2014

let's ori kami together...

I'm still enjoying my new Altenew stamps. Some sets are already sold out, but Ori Kami isn't! It features fun origami images, which my daughter and I enjoyed using yesterday.

let's ori kami together...

I went a bit old-school with this one, stamping a notebook background and then adding random butterflies over-top.

let's ori kami together...

The coloring was meant to be a bit retro as well, and the only bit of dimension comes from the one butterfly that I curled out.  The pictures don't show the glimmer at all, but I went over all of the white butterfly parts with a glitter pen. It's so fun in real life.

My soon-to-be-nine-year-old Sofia asked if she could "CASE" my card.  I stamped her the same notebook paper background, and she eyed my butterfly and label stamping while making her own.

let's ori kami together...

She broke out her own markers (I gave her my entire collection of Stampin' Up markers so I could keep my copics to myself, haha) and she did her thing.  Coloring together is always so much fun.

If you haven't checked out Altenew, go on and do it.

♥.

9 comments:

  1. Wow, Sofia did a great job CASEing your beautiful card! Like mother, like daughter! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both these cards! Loving the dimension and coloring on yours and I love that Sofia added polka dots to hers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw!! Love it!!! Side by side coloring is the best!!!! My 5 year old little Mann LOVES to color next to me while I color! It makes me happy! That butterfly image is just amazing!! I LOVE the retro colors and the dimension with the one butterfly!! And your daughters card is so pretty and full of wonder!! Love both cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards! I can't wait to get this set. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Budding artist in the making! Stunning card by mama expertly cased by sweet Sofia!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww that's totally adorable! You've got a talented li'l cardmaker there! It's easy to see where she gets it from...! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow these are crazy awesome! New to your blog, but glad I stumbled over here. Especially awesome because I make origami (it's my stress relief/keep my hands busy/just love it just because) and I have totally ordered those stamps! I mean, that's just perfect for a paper folder like me! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete