Monday, April 7, 2014

sky's the limit

Hi there! Happy Monday morning - it's time for a new lawnscaping challenge:


If you approach card-making the way I do, trying a new technique can be a little daunting. Apart from masking and paper-piecing, I tend to keep my stuff "technique-free." Mostly because techniques make such a mess, hee hee.  That being said, I tried Jennifer Mcguire's iron-off embossing technique.  

sky's the limit

Oof. Sorry for the weird photo - I could not, for all the pictures in the world, get the colors to look right.  Even so, I do love this card! The iron-off technique allowed me to emboss the background and then stamp the sentiment on top.

I added a yellow "haze" behind the sun and gave him a smiley face. Just because that's what I need to see on a Monday morning.

sky's the limit

I hope you play along! You could win a gift certificate to Simon Says Stamp.

Simon Says Stamp Store Blinkie photo SSS_09_2103_zpsc2c6b992.gif


This will be my last posting with lawnscaping.  I am so sad to be moving on, but needed to trim down my teams a little to make more time for myself.  A huge thank you to Laurel and the rest of the girls for being so supportive and kind to me for the last (how long have I been with lawnscaping? ha. it feels like forever!)

♥.

6 comments:

  1. Adorable card, as usual!! And you're right, the smiling sun is perfect for a Monday morning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely!! That sun is the cutest!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute and happy card! Loving the sunshine :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blending of the sunlight is divine! Love this! Sad that you are stepping down, but I get plenty of LF from you and I know you could use the break to you know, make more sushi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Swoon. That sun and the background...genius!! And gorgeous and amazing!! I LOVE that sunshine and the iron off you did is just incredible! Wow! Another super inspiring and stunning card!!

    ReplyDelete