Thursday, April 12, 2012

the frog-prince.


 awww, g'on and kiss him... he's so cute!

I made this one (believe it or not) for the current colourQ challenge.


I was mostly happy for an excuse to use up some of the poppy parade patterned paper that I had lying around... that color hurts my eyes... I muted all the bright colors by adding a huge kraft mat... works for me!

Sofia saw the card yesterday afternoon and remarked that it could use some glitter... a layer of glimmer spray did the trick!  (and no, I don't always take my almost 7 year old's suggestions... read: almost never take her suggestions...)

Aaaaand, no one made mention, but I totally skipped last week's TMKS-thursdays - for shame!  I'll give you a double dose to make up for it:

First up, I was on the phone yesterday morning and Maia started whining.  I overheard Thomas running up to her and gently telling her "don't be so loud while mama's on the phone... people will think you're crazy." bwahahahaha! awesome.

Next, apparently my mom taught Maia the old Beatles' song "hello goodbye".  She sounds like she has a case of split personality when she sings: you say yes, I say no, you say stop, I say NO!  (everything goes back to how she says "no"!) *grins*


That's all she wrote, folks!  Have a great day!


supplies list
stamps: lawn fawn's critters ever after and smitty's abcs
paper: PTI white & kraft cardstocks, SU pp
ink: memento black, fresh snow
misc: white embossing powder, sewing pin, PTI circle dies

14 comments:

  1. Lol, you make me giggle Elena - kids, don't you just love em?!

    Fabulous card as always hun, love the added sparkle too, that girls obviously got the "eye" for design!

    Oh, and can I just say how inspiring your photography is! I love the way you "dress" the scenes - it makes my blank white backdrops look so blah! I think you have inspired me to be a bit more creative with my photography. What camera/settings do you use if you don't mind me asking?

    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Caryn! i use a Canon rebel T1I, always shoot on manual maode, keep the f-stop around 2.5, and the ISO at 200 (I shoot right near a window, and beofre the sunlight gets too harsh) I'm still learning, but I'm happy with my pictures lately :)

      Delete
  2. Cute, Elena!! So glad you joined us at the ColourQ!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card Elena! Love the banner sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally adorable card, Elena! I have to agree with you about the Poppy Parade, but I love how you've toned down the colors here. Thanks for joining us again at the ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elena, this is so sweet :) I love the frog's little rolled up banner he's holding :) And he is pretty cute himself, too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel that way about Poppy Parade too....but this is one great way to use it up! What a fun little froggy! Thanks for playing with the CQC colors this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love how you wrapped the banner around your pin!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your daughter sounds like the two of you have a lot of fun, Elena, your card is so cute, I like her glitter idea! Sorry, Poppy Parade hurts your eyes, I love the hot color! Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ and sharing your card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a super sweet card. I love your different take on the color challenge. The crown on the paper pieced frog is just the best. Congrats on your retro sketches win. That's fabby!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just when I think I couldn't possibly buy another frog stamp (seriously), he is so bashful and delicious! What I love most is how you took the time to stamp out and emboss the "kiss me" and position that perfect banner on the card and around the pin. Pretty clever brain you got there, missy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW Elena - you are on al roll - I see your cards everywhere!!! Big congrats to everything - so well deserved, hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete