Friday, April 20, 2012

sewing party sneaky peek....

First of all, thank you to all those who prayed for baby Olivia yesterday.  It is so appreciated...



I spent the day yesterday painting a canvas for Thomas' monster party (and it's still not done...)  But since that party is scheduled for next Saturday, I should probably go bake a chocolate cake right now and cover it in mounds of pink icing :)

Sofia's sewing party is tomorrow!  I will have a gaggle of girls (8 of them makes up a gaggle, right?) yelling about how the needle just poked them... ha!  I hope they'll have fun!

I will share the whole party next week, but just to tide you over (because I know you are biting your nails in anticipation), here's a little peek at one of the banners I created:

I love the whole kraft, pink, and blue color scheme - isn't it so flirty?  The banner panels are made up of button cards (from PTI's "button boutique") and I added bow accents (from "bells and boughs") and buttons... lots of buttons.

If you've been reading here awhile, you know it wouldn't be a party at my house without a little chalkboard decoration:


Have a great weekend!  I know I will :)

12 comments:

  1. Your posts are like out of a glossy magazine! Such eye candy. That banner is so pretty not to mention innovative. Such a lovely colour palette and themed so wonderfully! The chalkboard deco is sew lovely, indeed. ;-) Have a gopod one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun Elena. Your banner is 'sew' lovely, can't wait to see the rest and interested in what the girls are doing. Great colour theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What pretty decorations. I know the party will be a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kids are so lucky! My mom and older sisters did this sort of thing too for us when I was a kid and I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, eye candy is 'sew' delicious! I am on pin and needles to see the rest of the party!!!! Can't wait! Have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um... WOW.

    You make me look like an amateur, and I always thought I was pretty good at this stuff (I am known for my modesty, you know!)... I can't wait to see more pictures, because clearly I can learn from you...!

    Have FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just started following your blog and I've got to say, your sense of humor is refreshing! Do you do photography professionally? Your projects are always so beautifully photographed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colors are fabulous!! I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just adorable Elena and the children are so lucky to have you do such great parties. Hope Olivia is doing ok.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely and yummy! Am hoping to see the whole set up soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful banner. Love the creativity of using the button card for your base. Those flowers connecting them are so cute. Looking forward to the "Reveal".

    ReplyDelete
  12. Coolest.Mom.Ever.
    Do you have a whole wall painted in chalkboard paint? 'sew' fun! :D

    ReplyDelete