Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Name that tune+PDCC125

I have a little card I whipped up for the final hours of this week's playdate cafe challenge, and also for CAS-ual fridays:





My card was inspired by the Chantal Kreviazuk song "feels like home."  You know that song, right? Such a sweet, sweet song.  And I won't pretend I didn't hear it on episodes of Dawson's Creek, way back when.  I'm all about full disclosure... but at the same time - don't judge me :)







I computer-generated the greeting, and stamped the home & fence above it (from PTI's "boards and beams").  The roof was colored with a brown copic marker - my splash of brown for the playdate cafe challenge.  Everything else on the card is either black... or white *wink*

Thanks for peeking!

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous card!!! I am loving the new things you have done to photograph your cards! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely stunning, Elena! LOVE the splash of brown on your roof! And I'll admit that I watched Dawson's Creek, too ;). Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it!! I love how you translated the song into your card, it turned out perfect! And now it's stuck in my head... ;)

    Another cool photo, too!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice card, Elena. I almost did a similar card because there is a line in "Like a Prayer" that goes, "I hear you call my name and it feels like home..." and one of my favorite groups, Straight No Chaser, just released a version of that song that I seriously can't get over!

    Anyway, soooo not the point! Your card is beautiful -- a perfect CAS card!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh this is just lovely and I LOVE your home made computer sentiment too, what fonts are they, it looks just gorgeous!! I just love the way you've taken your photo too, fab! Thanks so much for joining in the fun with us over at The Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute, love the fonts in your sentiment, a great cas card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful and soft! Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that song, loved Dawson's Creek too :) Beautiful card Elena! Glad you played at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete