Friday, April 13, 2012

summertime strawberries.

If you've been following the PTI countdown, you should know exactly how I was inspired *wink*

And how lucky was I that I already made some paper berries and had them lying around (seriously, I dug them out of a box of other hand-made boxes/etc that I just haven't given away yet...).  My crafty-"keep-it-all"-tendencies (as opposed to my real-life-non-hoarder-leanings) come in handy for staging photos...

In the spirit of using what I already have (for now), I made this card with the playdate colors of the week:


I stamped the "summer fillers" berries into the "friendship jar" image and colored them in with copics.  They got glazed with a layer of glossy accents - but I was careful to work around the berry leaves.  Very cool effect, no?

And I love the little bit fabric that I cut to go under the lid of the jar.... so homey and dressed up :)

I silver-embossed the lid image, and stamped the sentiment onto a tiny tag.

Hope you like it!  Have a great weekend!

ps, huge congratulations to the new CAS-ual Fridays team - you are all so talented and I can't wait to see all the eye-candy you'll make for us to gawk at :)

15 comments:

  1. Elena, what a beautiful card!!! I am in love with that jar!! Is that a stamp or did you cut it out of some pattern paper? I want to get it!!! Seems like jars are a new trend, because I'm seeing more of them in blogs. And those strawberries look dazzling!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! it's a papertrey ink stamp set: "friendship jar" and the berries come from the "friendship jar summer fillers" set - I love them both!

      Delete
  2. The minute I saw your card, I knew you were bit by the "strawberry patch" release bug. Your card is awesome. Love how you glazed the strawbwrries. The hint of fabric is creative. Your strawberry props are inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE it! A real strawberry jar=)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely card and beautiful picture of it too. your handmade berries in the background are darling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your strawaberries more than the release ones! Great job on your card! I don't have the jar fillers but love to see how others that do, use them! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sweet!! love the glossy dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know, I was totally happy with my photo set up until you started playing with yours...

    I LOVE the paper strawberries!!!

    This card is so summery and delicious - the glossy strawberries are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Scrumptious card. I know exactly what inspired you, and now, I'm hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous! I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week...http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/04/52-card-pickup-week-15.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I keep thinking about buying this set from PTI...your card is making me get even closer LOL!!! Very cute card, love the yummy berries!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 1) I think I may get this set instead of the all strawberries set... 2) Glossy accents = brilliant... 3) The scallop is too cute... 4) My photos are stinky... 5) Thanks for joining us in the Cafe! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love the tiny tag hanging off the jar, that is too sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those strawberries look good enough to eat! Awesome coloring and the glaze sends them over the top. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. MMMM! That jar of strawberries looks so real and soooooo good:) LOVE it!
    THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete