Sunday, April 15, 2012

make 'em laugh.


I don't usually post on the weekends, but I wanted to create a little something fun before I go on official birthday burn-out (is it even possible to be on burnout for something that hasn't happened yet?)

Sofia's sewing party is in 6 days... and so far:

banners and decor.... created.
favors boxes... made and filled.
altered t-shirts for the girls... done.
embroidery hoop craft.... ready.

Things are under control for her party, but I have a week of house-cleaning, cooking, and baking to look forward to.  And, somewhere in there, I have to start crafting for Thomas' monster party (which is scheduled for the next Saturday... ) oh man.

So, instead of party-crafting, I did the obvious I'm-a-little-stressed thing and I created this card to add to the lawn fawn "make 'em laugh" pool, using the newest retro-sketch:



Awwww, the poor little turtle thinks he's flying... *giggle*

Someone go flip him over again!

Right?  Right???? (is this mic on? *tap, tap*)

sigh.

A few card details: I omitted the ice pack from the turtle's head (from "on the mend") and drew in a little bit of what was missing from his shell with a memento black marker.  The grass strip is from "gnome sweet gnome" and I computer-generated the greeting.

Happy Sunday, and see you tomorrow!

20 comments:

  1. You certainly have me laughing. I just realized that I have 3 months until Johsua's 1st birthday and I am already feeling the pressure. You will have to share your secrets ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very funny card. And cute. Don't stress too much about the party. Just enjoy them while they are young. It goes so quickly. I'm sure both parties will be really fun for all the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWW! This definitely had me laughing out loud! That is seriously cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're reminding me I HAVE to get Jo's invites out!

    What a cute card - you're hilARious as I tell my incredibly corny hubby... I assure you, he'd love your card!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, I actually LOL'd at this! I LOVE IT! haha he's adorable. Good luck with the party! The monster theme is so cute.

    Luvs,
    Annie Rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. CUTE and so silly it made me giggle! Great take on the sketch! So glad you played along with us at RetroSketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. THIS is the funniest little card I've seen in some time. I love that I didn't get it right away... Inner dialog: "What is tha... Why is he... Flying? Oh! Hihihih!" So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so adorable, Elena! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Elena, love the flying turtle!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute card. Thanks for playing along at Retro Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I needed a chuckle and this card gave it to me! Very cute and certainly using your imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  12. you're too funny!! love reading your posts:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. tee hee...I love this :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness Elena, this is too adorable!! I love that little flying turtle. He totally made me giggle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Elena, this is hilarious - I LOVE IT!!! Thank so much for playing with us at RetroSketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Heeee!!!! Oh this is so my kinda humour! Love it!
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Delightful!! TFS!

    I found you via the Lawn Fawn / OWH challenge.

    Mollie

    ReplyDelete
  18. HAHAHA I think this is entirely too cute!!

    ReplyDelete