Monday, April 2, 2012

Retro sketch #5 + lawnscaping challenge



These sketch challenges are so much fun!

I worked with retrosketch #5:



to create this card:

I can't seem to put my lawn fawn stamps away - and especially this "critters ever after" set - mostly because the kids and I are having fun together.  They don't look twice at my floral sets, but show them a castle and a dragon and we're good to go ;)

My favorite thing about how I translated the sketch to this card?  The hearts peeking out like little peeping-toms... hee hee.

It was my first time trying out the mirror stamping technique.  The dragon on the left is the image included in the set.  The dragon on the right was stamped onto the back of a large clear stamp, and then stamped down on cardstock.  DUDE.  This isn't as easy as it looks.  I mean, does everyone else have super non-shaky hands?  I gave my first few attempts to the kids for coloring - they were happy enough :)  Once I traced the image outline with my memento black marker, it all looked better... and even better when I finished coloring him (that is the him in this dragon-relationship, just to be clear...)

For the sentiment, I yoinked the "you're" from "love 'n breakfast" and spelled out h-o-t with "sally's abcs".


I'm also entering this card into the current lawnscaping challenge: coloring.

I hope you like it!  Thanks for peeking :)

21 comments:

  1. so cute this dragons in love! And yhe little heart on top of your card love the way it's peaking out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is absolutely darling! And I love your peeping hearts and cute sentiment. Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super super cute!!! I love LOVE the hearts playing peek-a-boo and the flames on the sentiment banner (and of course the fabulously colored dragons!!!). I also love your photo display - super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elena, this is fabulous! I love the mirror stamping you did for the dragons (I will have to try this!) and the little hearts peeking out for the sketch..... perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I meant to comment this morning - I. Love. Those. Dragons. ::eats card::

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is FABULOUS Elena! Also big congrats on your win - I was away when I saw it and couldn't commet. This looks like another winner!!!
    Big hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol, "yoinked" too funny, I'm usin' it! Amazing card too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. SOOO cute!! Love those little dragons :) And the sentiment is perfect to go along with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable!!! You did a fabulous job with the mirror stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, the card is adorable, we all know it... hahaha... but your photos are so fun!! I can see you playing around with set ups, and I think these turned out so great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute Elena! Love your lovey dovey dragons but yes, the peeping hearts? That stole my heart! Love them! Mirror stamping is quite indeed tricky, lol! You are so funny! So glad you joined us at Lawnscaping for our coloring challenge! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh gosh Elana this is so cute! LOVE these sweet little dragons,just a delightful card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. SO Cute! I love the images you have used and the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is ADORABLE! I love it!! So glad you played along at Retro Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This turned out great! No indication of shaky hands at all, and the hearts are a darling touch, very creative

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a lovely card! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable card, Elena! Love the dragons. This stamp set is on my wishlist. Great colouring. Congrats on your shoutout at retro sketches :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on your shout out. This is a darling card.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is just beautiful! I love the colors you chose, and your coloring is amazing! Thanks for joining us at Lawnscaping :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is so adorable.. I just love the colors you picked.. and the two dragons together are so fun..
    Hugs
    Alison
    Owner-The Alley Way Stamps
    www.thealleywaystamps.com

    ReplyDelete