Tuesday, April 3, 2012

monster party invitations.


I feel like, if you don't already know what's upcoming in my home, I should share a little schedule of events:

April 21st - sofia's sewing party
April 28th - thomas' monster party
May 4th - maia's cookies 'n milk party

That's 3 weekends in a row, peeps!  It's better than last year, when I had a pirate party one day, tore down those decorations and set up for a ballerina party the very next day.  oy!  This year, I decided to take it a little easier... I'm still DIY-ing everything, but maybe a bit less of everything (I say that now, but I know myself...)

I'm sharing this out of order, but I'm so excited to show y'all!  Thomas asked me for a monster party... but a happy monster party ("no scary monsters, because scaring people is mean, mom."  I may be known for sneaking up behind my kids and making them jump outta their skin... hee!)





It was a happy day when I spotted "my cute stamps" for 50% off... "eek! a monster" was the perfect set to use for our little event.  I stamped the cityline in black ink, and then moved it around and re-stamped a few times without re-inking.  I love how that gives dimension without adding bulk.  I then stamped the monsters above the buildings (a la King-Kong), and colored them in with copics.  For a final touch, I masked the monsters and their flames and stamped PTI's newsprint background overtop.  I stamped off onto scrap paper first, and then onto the invite.  

Then, you open up the card to find this!  I went through all the same steps as on the invite cover.  But wait! there's more!

...and ta-da!  Open up that second fold to show the party information.  The newsprint background is there again, although it looks really light in this photo.

And the monster stuffies?  Yeah, I made 'em :)



Thank goodness they're monsters - they can look all kinds of wonky and still be cute, right?  I love them!

Since I used the generational stamping technique, I'm entering my card into this week's MIM challenge :)

Thanks for peeking!

30 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, how adorable. What a fun party! Good luck :)

    lol @ scaring people is mean.

    -Annie Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I hope they appreciate it! I need to borrow those stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just have to say that your parties are the most thought-out, well decorated! This is really too much adorable monsters. I saw monster pyjamas that I nearly bought for Thomas but they didn't have his size.

    ReplyDelete
  4. FABULOUS monsters! Great invitation too! Happy birthday to all your children - have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfectest little boy invites ever. And the stuffies? I'm dying over here...this is cute overload. (Especially Thomas scolding...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These invitations are amazing, Elena! I love that you made them tri-fold! And those little monster stuffies are adorable! Super job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your work is truly an example of patience par excellence!!
    Enjoy the party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG. Your stuff is amazing,the invites, the monsters. Every day you bring it. Amazed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another amazing job, Elena! You are so talented! The monsters are cute (not scary!) Great work!!! I'm sure Thomas and his friends will have a wonderful party :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace! Does the new baby-to-be need one in hot pink? It can be arranged :) hee hee!

      Delete
  10. love the monsters! they make me want to hug them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - how cute. Love the stuffies - good luck with your chaotic next few weeks!

    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll keep these 3 dates open in my calendar and I'm confirming attendance.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fab invite for the 'monster' set!! Really cuuuuute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh those invites are just amazing!! Such fun monsters you used, love the flame throwing. And cute stuffed monsters, too! Looks like it's shaping up to be a great party.

    ReplyDelete
  15. woah! What an effort! the stuffed monsters look amazing, so cute and they must have taken ages! And the invites are adorable. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. these are really awesome and so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! Great job Elena! Love these invites, you put so much work into these! :> And soooo love those monsters! Great job! Good luck with all the parties! You will be so happy when they are done!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have been anxiously waiting to see those monsters and they are so darling! Yes, I did say darling. They are going to be loved for sure. Fabulous invites!!! That is a lot of work, but it is so worth it.

    I do not envy you with these parties so close. I thought I had it a little rough at only 5 weeks apart. Hope you are saving up some energy ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coming from you, that's high praise! I can't wait to see the kids' Easter outfits!

      Delete
  19. You. are. amazing. (and people are noticing!!) WOW! Party planning is SO your 'thang'. That's it - I'm packing a trip to Canada for all the celebrations - I want to see all this fabulousness in person! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. My fav baby so needs one of those monsters (minus the button eye)! Thanks for adding to my sewing list! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking your favorite baby must be your only baby, lol! Have fun making felty pupils for his monster! I have to make a hot pink one this weekend for my daughter now :)

      Delete
  21. Elena, congrats on winning PTI's MIM and Happy Shopping! Your monsters and your card are adorable and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Elena, I LOVE this! Your post sent me scurrying over to My Cute Stamps where I promptly placed an order! :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. Everything is awesome! Love the entire concept! Thanks for participating in Make It Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete