Thursday, April 26, 2012

life is an adventure...



One of my favorite things to do is take an interesting print and re-create it using my stamps and ink....

I was inspired by this print (and the quote):



to create this card (and give some love to an older PTI set that hasn't seen ink for quite a while in the process...):

I started out by printing the Helen Keller quote on a sheet of white cardstock.  Then, I stamped the 2 hot-air balloons (masking the first one so it looks like it's in the foreground).  The second balloon was also masked, and I stamped the entire mat with yellow chevrons and a grey sunburst pattern.  (The grey "sunburst" is actually an image from the Wplus9 "super star" set, which I stamped 2x to make the full circle).

The hot air balloons were colored in with copics, and I glazed the larger balloon with a layer of glossy accents.  I wanted it to stand out from the other one, but didn't want to add bulk to the card with foam squares... sometimes, a little dimension goes a long way, no?

Thanks for peeking!




14 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so fabulous, Elena! I love how you recreated this image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I LOVE this!!!! It looks like something you'd find in a beautiful stationary boutique.

    Congrats on your blog hop win!!! I am so excited for you!!

    I was busy as a bee working on Josie's party stuff yesterday - I kept trying to think of what you might add or do, since I think you ROCK at this stuff!! hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. girl, you crazy :) I'm sure you're doing just fine with Josie's party preparations! I can't wait to see pics - and I can't wait to show you Thomas' monster stuff - I know you'll be the one to fully appreciate everything!

      Delete
  3. Gosh, this is SUPER! Fantastic masking and I love the glossy accent!
    LOVE THIS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful. I always get inspired by all the masking that you do. And, what will you buy for yourself with your blog hop win?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous card Elena! I love all the artistic details you put into this. The glossy accents on the large balloon is so amazing. Congrats on your blog hop win!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! You did a fabulous job recreating your card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful!! so cool...wonderful inspiration too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a great quote. The balloons are fabulous...your card is truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elena this is STUNNING! Love that you were inspired by something and created from it! :>

    ReplyDelete
  10. Elena, this is AMAZING!!
    I love that grey starburst and those balloons are just fabulous. Love the glass effects to them. :)
    Gorgeous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet, sweet card!!! I'm loving that starburst behind the balloons and the oh-so-trendy combo of chevrons paired with the ultra-trendy combo of yellow and grey!
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I ♥ this. Like, more than usual. :)

    ReplyDelete