Thursday, January 12, 2012

CAS card class - thanks a ton.

Hi all!

Today's class challenged us to use stamps in different ways - to use a background stamp in the foreground, or to find a smaller stamp and fill the background of a card with it.

I used the small elephant from PTI's "tiny treats: birthday" to create a couple of 1-layer thank you cards.


I started out by drawing a straight line where I wanted my sentiment to go.  Once I had the sentiment stamped, I stamped the rest of that row with elephants, and then built from there.  

I think that by coloring a few random elephants, and leaving the rest outlined, it added interest to a very flat card.


The "thanks" sentiment is from a lawn fawn set, and "tons" was created using a lawn fawn's "smitty's abcs."


Thanks a ton for popping by!

10 comments:

  1. So sweet and cute. I just love that little elephant! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, just what I would expect--something so unexpected, clever and cute. Looks like you are feeling better. Love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is awesome and i def. want to scraplift it thank you for the new idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable cards! Love how you randomly selected a few to color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so stinkin' adorable!!
    Love those little ellies in a row...
    and the sentiment is absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that you chose the elephant to create your background! Goes perfectly with the sentiment!

    Thank you for sharing how you built your background. I would never have thought to stamp the sentiment first and then build from there…duh! I'll be trying this out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwwww this is so super duper adorable! I really sat up straight and went closer to the screen! ;) Great job and love that you picked the little elephant :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're cute. I like elephants. I'm glad we're friends. It is late... wish I had made crock-pot oatmeal. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forget oatmeal, I'm waiting to hear about that snickers popcorn you pinned... Sigh.... Better get on the elliptical ahead of time ;)

      Delete