Monday, January 16, 2012

hi.


I hate having things lying around,  incomplete.  I was cleaning up my craft area (can't call it a craft room, since it's just a little corner of our basement office/tv room/craft room/exercise room/sewing room) and I found a few greats elements that were begging to be turned into a card.


I had a leftover strip of diy patterned paper (made with PTI's "rosie posie", with a little "grunge me" hummingbird thrown into the mix), a chipboard frame, and a huge button on the table.


I sponged some peach ink onto my chipboard, added another bird-in-flight (from PTI's "happy trails"), threaded the button, and called it a card.


Sometimes my best cards are after-thoughts.  I really love this one!

How do you create?  Do your favorite cards take days to create, or come together more quickly?

8 comments:

  1. beautiful card! sometimes my best cards come out of having to fix a big mistake and it forces me to try to salvage the pieces and put them together in a way that I hadn't thought of before:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love taking leftover elements and turning them into a card or a layout! I always feel that I'm making the most of my supplies when I do.
    Your card is fabulous, Elena! I love the different sets you used and that patterned paper you made! Isn't Happy Trails fun?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful card. And how great that it came together with elements just laying around. You are so environmentally correct! Sometimes my cards make themselves (several four of a kinds have done this for me), often I get my ideas in spin class, and sometimes, I stamp and cut and move things around until the look just right to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card! The colors and the design are jsut perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. -22...omg, i'd never leave the house:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE it too! Unfortunately my favorites usually take days - but that's absolutely no guarantee I'll like them (I often give my catastrophies too long a chance to become something before they are thrown away )-: ), some faves have actually come together exactly as you described it!
    Hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Sometimes my cards can take days, other times they come together amazingly quickly. I habe been inspired numerous times by the color scraps on my desk. Love that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the stamped paper and those birds are a great detail!! And love the cute button!

    ReplyDelete