Wednesday, January 11, 2012

eggggggg-cellent.

Hello there!

I've missed a few posting days... one-by-one, we all dropped like flies into a gross flu-bucket-of-a-home.  Right now I feel like Gilbert Blythe, the part where he comes to see Anne after his illness, but he's walking so stiffly... like a penguin... 

But I did manage to create a card when the nice mailman dropped off my copy of lawn fawn's "love 'n breakfast."  And just in time for the current lawnscaping challenge.


I started out by paper-piecing the adorable frying pan, and added some eggs and bacon to the mix.  The sentiment is a bit of a mish-mash.  I created my own "have an" with smitty's abcs, added the "egg-cellent" from the new set, and "birthday" from bake me a cake.

I then grabbed a sheet of paper from My Mind's Eye's "lost and found Christmas" pack (let's use up that holiday paper!) and cut a mat stack 1 shape into it.  The layerz size, I think.  The patterned paper was popped up on foam squares.  A juicy black button and some black/white twine complete the card.

Hope you like it!

6 comments:

  1. Elena, I've been wondering where you were! I hope you are all feeling better! Such a cute birthday card you created! Loving that frying pan and your choices of patterned paper!!!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are feeling better. I do not miss those 'whole house sick' days at all. It will get better--as soon as everyone has caught everything. Anyway, glad to see you posting again. As usual, this card is clever and darling. You and Lawn Fawn seem to be made for each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an "egg-cellent" card... Haha! I'm so glad you joined the Lawnscaping challenge. All jokes aside, your card truly is excellent. I love the pattern paper that you used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Elena, hope you are all feeling better ! This is a super fabulous card - amazing to make sth like this with a whole house of "sickies"!!! (my favorite of yours will always, I think, be your milk glass card - but this would make such a great pair with that!!!) I LOVE everything about it - it's fun and cool and such wonderful design.
    hugs, Karin
    You just made me miss Anne of Green Gables so much - I used to watch it all the time on vcr - have to get the dvd:s now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute sentiment!!! I love the stripes, too!

    ReplyDelete