Tuesday, January 24, 2012

MIM #50 - shake it!

I love shaker cards - I think it's the kid in me :)  I especially love it when they make noise when you shake 'em.  Seeds, beads, candies = such fun creations!

The tutorial over at PTI is fantastic.  But, since I didn't have any fun foam lying around, I made do with what I had.  Here's how I made my little tag (click on any of the photos to see them bigger):


I stamped a gingham background onto my tag shape.  I then created a "channel" for my shaker-fillings by laying foam adhesive all around (be sure there aren't any gaps or it will all fall apart!)  It doesn't have to be pretty - exhibit A is above.  Here's a small tip:  I used some glossy accents to fill in the spaces that I was nervous about.  The only downside to that is waiting for it to dry :)


Add the filling.  I found a jar of tiny white beads in my stash - yay me!


Add the top to seal it all up!  I die-cut a 2.5 inch circle 2 times: once out of acetate, and once out of white cardstock.  Into the white cardstock, I then die-cut a cloud shape.  I stuck the acetate to my white circle (using glossy accents, to make sure it's all secure!) and when it was dry, I then carefully stuck it down to the base I'd created.  I dare you not to play with your creation when it's all done :)

How 'bout seeing it on a prezzie?


A plain kraft box got dressed up for a party :)  The "ribbon" is actually the seam of an old white tee-shirt.  I save the weirdest things.  My crafting personality and my regular personality are so opposite.  Crafting Elena is a bit of a hoarder.  Real-life El chucks things like crazy without a backward glance... No idea how to make sense of it all :)  

I love all the texture for a baby gift.  Soft and cuddly and fun, don't you think?


Thanks for looking!

15 comments:

  1. You are so clever-I had to take pause when i saw the first picture of the post...I really thought you were slipping-silly me! You were just explaining the genius behind the adorable tag. Great job :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a gorgeous tag. that cloud is perfect for a baby teame up with the gingham. I like your resourcefulness in finding supplies that work for you. I need to check my stash to see what I can use to put inside my shaker card so I can make one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a fun, fun shaker card!!!! I need to find what I can put into one...I need to make a baby card/tag, too. Thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely fabulous, Elena!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I now understand that I do a card with a shaker. I'll make another. This card is very beautiful! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so clever. Great idea to use beads. I've got scads of beads. This makes a really nice baby gift--it would go great with that card you posted the other day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh! How impressive! The colors are also amongst my favorite as you have combined them too, never mind the shaker bit. This is so fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea to use on a baby gift, the colors are adorable. i like how you used the shirt seam for a ribbon, such a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SUPER cute!! Love that little tag -- thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a fantastic idea, Elena. I will have to CASE this idea w/ the beads. i love how your circle has some amazing texture!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea to use the beads! I love the soft colors and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that you used beads...great idea Elena! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea using the cloud die and it turned out so cute!

    ReplyDelete