Tuesday, January 24, 2012

CAS-ual friday - the black & white of it.

In honor of penguin awareness day (who knew there was such a thing!), the challenge over at CAS-ual Fridays is to create a black & white card.  Oh, the restraint I've had to show.


I started out with a sheet of PTI's guidelines grid cardstock, and stamped the frame from "button boutique" where I wanted it.  I then stamped it again on some post-it paper, cut it out and put it down over-top.  While my framed area was "protected," I stamped a pattern-pieces background (SU) all around.  Thank you, stamp-a-ma-jig.  I've almost forgotten what's it like to use red rubber :)

When I removed the mask (always a ta-da moment!) I then stamped the sentiment (from "button boutique") and threaded a juicy black button with some black and white twine for some extra fun.

Thanks for popping by!

15 comments:

  1. Awesome,Elena! I love the background and the sentiment is perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elena, this is absolutely awesome!!! I'm so glad you played with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great card. Those pattern pieces and the gridline paper look like they were made for eachother. Why don't I ever think to turn that button frame around. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an imaginative card, I love it! And I love how you "styled" it in your photograph, very cool

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous stamped background! I love it!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cool!! i love the pattern stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This might be the best card ever. The font, the sewing touch. Gorgeous. I just pinned it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute card! Love the background and the punny sentiment :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So classic. Everything about this card is perfection. Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my...this is ADORABLE!!!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete