Thursday, January 19, 2012

an early valentine...

First off, thank you so much, everyone who was so encouraging yesterday about my white card (and the photography of it.)  It means a lot to me!  I've decided to leave the white cards to the experts for now, and, in complete defiance, have create a much more inky card for you today:


I've had this card on the brain for a while, so I thought I'd put ink-to-paper.  Some people prefer to express their love with real, loving words... I prefer to revive old rock anthems... (Full disclosure: my hubs is the more tender, mushy one in this relationship.) 


light my FIRE - hee hee!  Isn't he just the cutest flame-on-a-log?  


The card was actually fairly simple to create.  I started out with a sheet of white cardstock, and stamped letters from lawn fawn's "quinn's abcs" to create my sentiment.  I stamped the fire twice (lawn fawn's "cozy christmas"), once on the white card, and once on a separate piece, so that I could color it, cut it, and pop it up.  The little bubble with the heart inside is from my cute stamps - their monster set.  (Which, incidentally, I might be using a lot of, since my son has already requested a monster party for the spring!)

Once everything was stamped, I created a very quick mask (I just cut out pieces of post-it to hide the words) and stamped a textured background over the entire mat.  Then, the distress inks came out to play.  I thought it made the whole thing look a bit "campy."  As in, fire-campy.  Not kitchy-campy.

Thanks for peeking!

9 comments:

  1. I LOOOOOOOOVE THIS! IT"S SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! This is true profeffional stamping - doesn't get better than this. Think we'll see this at lawn fawn VERY soon! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card. I'm glad you explained how you made it. How sweet that your hubby is the more mushy one! You do the cutest things with your stamps! And, in answer to your question, I did not ghost stamp the sentiment--I watched the video very early yesterday and made my card very late--so I probably forgot about that part!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely perfect, Elena! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hee! Oh how I love this! Totally my kinda humour and a fabulous design!
    Hugs!
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO fun!!! I love the big font and the cutest little fire ever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely LOVE this card! I have the Cozy Christmas set myself, and I love seeing it in non-Christmas settings! Your technique is awesome. I sat there for a few minutes trying to figure out how you did it - until I read... its seamless! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is undeniably adorable - so cute & clever!!!!

    ReplyDelete