Monday, January 30, 2012

Do-over.

Amber is celebrating her 1 year of blogging by taking old, what-was-I-thinking cards (even though her worst ones aren't bad at all...) and re-making them.  I'm joining her do-over blog hop.  Lawd knows I have plenty of cards to choose from...

This is one of the cards that I look back on and then quickly have to look away from:


Yikes!  I wish I could say it looks better in real life, but the splotches of color are really harsh and I haven't been able to send this one out to anyone.  It's still sitting in my craft room, so unloved... (time to gift it to my parents! ha.)

You all know I love me some color, but what's on the original card had me running back to white:


Ahhhh.... much better.  I used the same stamp set, but I simplified the number of flowers on my card, and took away almost all of the color...except for some light splotching of pink in the middle of each bloom, an ode to the old, cringe-worthy card.


I also outlined the flowers with a light-beige copic marker.


Thank you for reading my blog, even though I post some uglies sometimes.  And thanks, Amber, for giving us space to do it over :)

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful do over, Elena! Love the outline with the shadow. Love how you got the triangle using the flowers and big and bold sentiment which draws the eyes to the center. Great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh beautiful do-over Elena! Your second card is so elegant, and I love the little touches of pink! I went on a crazy purge this weekend and took out all of those cards that haven't seen love (for a reason!) and threw them out. While my stash sure is smaller, I feel sooo much better :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. I love the simplicity and the whiteness of this card. The hint of beige & pink is so soothing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful redo,but i love the first one too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I love both of them, but your do over is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhhh...so peaceful and calming. A beautiful do-over! The hint of colour is just right. I'm loving this opportunity that Amber gave us, it's been fun.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful double take of your original card, but I stil like the first one, it's nicely balanced and the floral image is pretty. Maybe you could give it to someone you don't like that much lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card you made. Although I have to say that I really like the first one, too. Well, what do I know?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! love were you went with your do-over.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like do overs!!! Love the classy elegance. Thanks for linking up to Thankful Thursday. I appreciate it. Keeps me going. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. wonderful do-over!! love this soft elegant version!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I love your do-over, Elena! So pretty & elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it too, it's so elegant!
    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Heya i am for the primary time hеrе.
    Ι cаme аcross thіs boarԁ and
    I to find It really uѕeful & it helped me out a lot.

    I hope to give ѕomething again and hеlρ others
    like you aided me.

    Also visit my web site ... exfoliator for dry skin

    ReplyDelete