Monday, January 2, 2012

lawn fawn - CHA contest

Happy Monday, all!

I whipped up a little something for lawn fawn's CHA challenge - a chance to be featured in their new catalogue, and the winning card displayed in their CHA booth!  So exciting!


I used "Plus One" as the focal point for this card.  My little sis is having a baby girl, so this card can afford to get tucked away for a few months if it doesn't win :)


Since we couldn't use any patterned paper, I made a little strip of my own.  I stamped the mobile from the same set, and layered the grid pattern from "schoolhouse backdrops" over top.  The pink strip running through the white die-cut shape was stamped with another image from "schoolhouse backdrops" before I stamped the sentiment on top.


For extra interest and texture on the top of the card, I used my score-board to create a diamond pattern.


I colored my over and cupcake image with copics.  I hope you like my entry!  I have another one to share tomorrow :)

6 comments:

  1. Elena, this card is the winner in my opinion!!! Everyhting about it makes it fabulous. I love how you layered the stamps to create your background and used your score board for the top. I will have to try that one. Such a great idea! Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously sweet, Elena! Fingers crossed for ya!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew you could do it! You went all out for this one, and it has to be a winner. It's super cute, and has so many great details, and yet, is not too busy. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this one is a winner, very cute and I love the combination of the colors. Well done and best wishes for you Elena, hope you win. Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is totally cute! I love that brown strip you made. The texture is unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete