Friday, October 14, 2011

card tote.

I have a sweet customer who has commissioned 4-5 cards from me in the last few weeks.  Just to say thank you, I wanted to package her last 2 cards in a special way.

I was totally inspired by a new product that PTI is previewing right now: the front and center die (scroll down a bit to see it.)

Their version is all cute and scallop-y, but I wanted to make something work with the bigger, clear boxes that we get with each PTI stamp purchase.  I chopped about an inch off the top of the clear box and measured the width to come up with a bag front and back that I could adhere to the clear box.  A few strips of patterned paper (scalloped - my nod back to the new PTI die), a felt heart, and an oval punch for the handle... and I had a cute little tote for my cards.







supplies (all PTI, unless noted)
stamps: think big favorites, hero arts envelope pattern background
ink: chocolate chip (SU)
dies: large scallop, heart prints, half and half
punch: large oval (SU)

10 comments:

  1. Now a product designer, too! Impressive. This is really clever, and a beautiful way to package cards. I'll try this myself sometime, as I have countless boxes like this. I assume that this tote matches the cards in some way? Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever Elena! And very cute indeed with all those scallops too! I should try this as well! Thanks for the idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is truly fabulous, Elena!
    I was thinking that I could just make a version of the front and centre die by using my edger die (#3). I'd wanted to make it using the clear stamp boxes (because, well, ahem, I have quite a few....), but was stumped about the larger size. But I love how you simply rounded the edges! Is that an oval punch? I don't have one of those, so I'll have to see what I could use....

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is awesome!! im so excited that you posted this because i love this idea to make once in awhile without investing in unecessary tools! perfecto!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute. Love your idea & design. Can't wait to try it. Love those scallops.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! Thanks for sharing how you did it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a great idea! A very special "thank you" for a wonderful customer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really great, I love the scallops on the front!! Beautiful card holder!

    ReplyDelete