Wednesday, October 5, 2011

lawnscaping challenge: dimension

Hi all!

I hope I can safely say that the "loopy" feeling is calming into something much more normal.  Yay for chicken soup, and echinacea!  (Although, I was babysitting my niece and nephew yesterday afternoon, and she's only 11 months and was quite snotty.  And fully kissing my 17 month old on the lips.  And wiping runny nose gunk into my ear - don't even ask me how she managed that one, haha!  So we might be in for another round of something... 'tis the season!)

The current lawnscaping challenge is to add dimension to your project using layers, foam tape, or whatever else you can dream up:


Here's my take on the challenge:


You can't really tell by looking straight on, but that ornament-looking die-cut is l-a-y-e-r-e-d.  I'll show you a different view:


See?  layered.  I cut 5 PTI "tag sale 4" shapes from an old granola box that I conveniently had lying around (and now there's a mound of granola bars on the shelf of my pantry...) and stuck them all together to create a very thick chipboard piece.  I always thought this tag looked more like an ornament, so I ran with it and made a Christmas card :)


I paper-pieced the tree from lawn fawn's "critters in the forest" and the prezzies and bear (with gift-bow, I might add) from the "pa ra pa pum pum" set.  I added foam squares to one of the presents, and to the bear, to give even more dimension to the project.

The sentiment is from PTI's "merry little christmas" set, and I curved it to fit the contour of my tag shape.  Don't you love that you can do that with clear stamps?  I also stamped a PTI sheet music image into the background, but it's very faint in the pictures.

The patterned paper is SU, which I stitched around and adhered to an SU "cherry cobbler" mat, before adhering it all to a very vanilla card base.

Thanks for looking!

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful Christmas card!

    Please join us for Link Up for Pink, we have over $3K worth of prizes to giveaway! :)
    Yolie
    www.JustYolie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty, love all the extra touches you added to this. Love how you incorporated the patterned paper with the dimension. So pretty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowza! This is amazing! I love all the dimension and textures.... I love that you made an ornament out of recycled cereal boxes, lol! :) This is a wonderful card and I am so glad that you entered it into our challenge!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful, Elena! I love all the layering you did! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is ever so cute. I love the thick tag and all the other layers. This is what I imagine your house and tree really look like!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute...love the little bear!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card. Love the PP tree & presents. The background paper with the stitching is a good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wooow...I love the colors...so elegant n sweet. The bear with tree & gifts so adorable...beautiful card :) Thanks for playing at Lawnscaping :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card! THat tag is fabulous. All of your paper piecing is wonderful. LOVE it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, this is absolutely adorable & gorgeous. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Lawnscaping.

    ReplyDelete