Thursday, October 27, 2011

of bats and zorro...

My little man, my 4 year old Thomas, will be dressing up for preschool today.  He has been wearing his costume pretty much everyday this week, and it makes me smile. every. single. time.

If you read the blog post title, you've probably already surmised that he will be dressing up as Zorro :)  If I can catch him at a standstill sometime before Halloween, I promise to share a picture.  I love the pants with the built-in-boots!  hee hee!

In honor of Halloween at the preschool, a batty-love-card in the most Halloween of color-schemes:


I used the bat and sentiment from paper smooches' "falling for you" set, the PTI gingham background set, and the hero arts ledger background stamp.


The wonky little bat was heat embossed, and suspended, precariously from a black thread...


See?  I used PTI's 2.5 inch circle die collection to cut a circle into both my gingham and orange card base layers.  A length of thick black thread is sandwiched between the layers.  There are actually two bat images...


You can even see the foam squares holding them together in this picture, on either side of the thread.  I stamped the inside of the card with the ledger stamp for extra interest.

Are you envisioning something else hanging there?  Maybe a Christmas ornament?  A bicycle, with the thread crossing lengthwise?  The possibilities are endless...

4 comments:

  1. Oh, this is just so darn cute. I hope we get to see little zorro soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously babe, great job. I love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is so cool! I love it!
    When my little guy was four, he wore the head part of a cheetah costume around constantly. It was so adorable! Enjoy this stage!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a super fun card! I love all the details especially the hanging bat!

    ReplyDelete