Monday, October 17, 2011

CAS-ual Fridays: no orange!

This week's CAS-ual Fridays challenge?  make a halloween card without a spot of orange on it!


Is it just me, or did it suddenly become so hard to not use any orange?  hee hee.  I feel like my 6 year old!  Orange was my forbidden fruit....

But I did it!  Here's my take:



No orange!  Some black, some kraft paper, and purple coloring - but no orange!

I stamped the image from SU's "greeting card kids" onto kraft cardstock using memento black ink.  Her hat, cape and socks were colored with a purple copic marker (her socks got a tiny shock of yellow, too).

The sentiment was created using lawn fawn's "sally's abcs".

The kraft edges were sponged with black ink, and a quick border was created with a run through my sewing machine.




Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

  1. Wow...love your card! I love the color orange but should try the challenge! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did such a great job of avoiding orange. That pumpkin sitting girl is so adorable. I like just the touch of yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this Elana...she's SOOOO CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this!!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. NO way. However did you stitch the corners like that? I'm completely intrigued now! Such a great CAS card. Top notch for sure Elena. Thanks for playing with CAS-ual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOly cow I love this! The colors are awesome and I love that stitching! So cute! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete