Monday, October 24, 2011

Play date cafe challenge #104

These color challenges are highly addictive...


Especially when a new set of stamps comes in the mail...


I'm seriously having to stop myself from taking that little mustache stamp and adding it to everything...  I did, however, print up a picture of my hubby and stamp him with that little mustache... you know, just for fun... hee hee.

Here's this week's color inspiration from the Play Date Cafe Challenge:


And, in full, here's my card:


I started out with a 3.25" circle, punched out from an index card.  I stamped images from paper smooches' "hot concoctions" set in a cute little formation.  (I did some masking so that the black disk could look like a plate, and also masked around the mug so that I could stamp the alpha pattern inside.)

The craft doily was sponged with a green ink to match the little strip of green cardstock framing the bottom of the focal point circle... The purple cardstock was stamped with PTI's "polka dots II" and the yellow cardstock with "chevron stripes" (also PTI.)

I created my own faux-twine by taking a purple copic marker to a length of string, marking it at regular intervals.  Nothing like the real thing, of course, but when you want something to match... it's a good solution!


Thanks for looking!

9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!! I agree that the mustache is CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So clever. I love how you used the chevrons. And, what's with the mustaches I see everywhere? Am I the last to the party, (as usual). Super card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the little mustache!!! That one little detail made this card! I also LOVE the one button and its placement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is adorable, Elena! I love the colours you used and the texture, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the color combination. The paper with the polka dots is fabulous. What type of ink did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  6. CUTEST card ever!!! That image is so cute and I love the mustache!!! And beautiful color combo. I just adore this card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute card! Love the mustache.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so cute! love the stitching and chevron background!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute card and I love that mustache :) Great stitching also. Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete