Tuesday, October 4, 2011

MIM - washi tape

I l-o-v-e learning new techniques!  And I especially love when the technique is simple and fun, and something I would have never thought of on my own.

I made my own washi tape!  Click over to Nichole's blog if you're curious - and make your own washi tape!  It's addictively fun.


I used PTI's grid lines cardstock and held my doily in place with the homemade washi tape.  Thanks to a silhouette-owning-crafty-friend, I had a few speech bubbles on hand.  It was stamped with a "think big favorites" sentiment, and framed out with "in bloom" images.  I also added a faux-stitched border all around and mounted it with foam squares.

I'm also sending a shout-out to my PTI princess friends with this card!  Our current challenge was to use red on our card.  I made a red gingham washi tape strip, and stamped out the florals in the same deep red.

Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

  1. You are just so clever and creative. I love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with the washi tape, Elena! I wasn't sure how to use it on a card, but I like what you did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the tape you created and this fabulous scrappy card. I love the shabby chic look to it. The doily adds the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Elena, love your washi tape effect...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really great! I love how you tied together all your pieces of washi tape with the doily and sentiment. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice, love how your card looks random but together at the same time. I love that and the pop of yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all these different patterns and colours together Elena!

    ReplyDelete