Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A handmade Christmas, part 2.

A few weeks ago, I shared my plan to make a black apple doll for each of my 3 kidlets.  The first rag-doll was for my son.  Click *here* for the original post.

Here's the cutie going to my eldest daughter.  I made the pattern (found on Martha Stewart's website) slightly bigger, since she's the big sister.


Isn't she sweet?  I gave her pigtails, by cutting a few felt hearts with my PTI dies...


Pink legs!  And...


A sweet little ruffled apron.


Sofia can take it off if she doesn't like it.


Big sister and little brother.  So cute.

But, just so you don't think this was all a walk in the park, I'd like you to meet someone else.


You poor, sad looking doll.  Thank you for teaching me a few things and for donating your legs to Sofia's new doll.  You crushed my spirit for a few hours, but I still love you...

9 comments:

  1. First of all, her hair is adorbs, even if she's a frankenbaby! "You crushed my spirit for a few hours" = me, laughing out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elena you post totaly had me lol-ing !!

    I think this is such a beautiful thing you are doing. I can imagine the dolls being lovingly handed down to grandchildren....priceless !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful, Elena! Your kids will cherish them...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those dolls are so cute. I love the apron with the heart, and the hair accessory. I'm sure your kids will love them. Even the one you had to sacrifice is pretty cute. I think we'll see a revived form of her at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely adorable. Love the apron. Your daughter is going to Lo e her. The photo of the two dolls is priceless. Thanks for sharing your trials too as we all have them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fabulous! Can I say that I am a little jealous?... yes, I am jealous! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet!!! Love her piggy tails and that sweet little apron!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing. These are so darling. Your quippy narrative is the best though. Thoroughly enjoyable post. I need these dollies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice. I also think this pattern should be a little bigger. Do you have this pattern in that bigger scale?

    ReplyDelete