Saturday, October 1, 2011

happy world card-making day!



In celebration, I made - wait for it - a card!  hee hee!

My sister, a few friends, and I are headed out for a beginner's sewing course (where I will hopefully learn how to create my own bobbins, among other things!) but I couldn't let this day go by without getting a little inky.  So, the owners of the cute shop where we'll be learning to sew just scored themselves a cute little thank you card - way to spread the love, right?


Is it too cheesy to bring a card with stitching on it to a sewing class?  It seemed like a good idea at 5am... lol.

I used lawn fawn's "pa-ra-pa-pum-pum" set - isn't that rocking horse adorable?  I don't think I could ever look at a lawn fawn image and not smile...  I colored and cut him out, and mounted him on foam squares to an SU frame (it's a new embossing folder that comes with 2 little frames).  Before adhering the rocking horse, I tore around the frame rather than cut it out for some textural interest.  I also sponged around the frame in brown, and inside the frame in cream ink so that the embossing would stand out better.  I stamped the hero arts envelope pattern background stamp over the whole frame and added the sentiment.

The patterned paper mat was so easy to create!  A square punch made quick work of some scraps I had lying around, and I stitched it all together super quickly.  It helps that I started keeping my sewing machine where I could see it - I always tend to use the tools that aren't tucked away, you know what I mean?


Are you creating a card for world card-making day?  I'm linking this one to the lawn fawn blog, but there are contests and prizes up for grabs other places too, so get get creative!



13 comments:

  1. A lovely card. Your stitched patchwork bg is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stitched background is perfect for the occasion and I love your neutral color combo, so classy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the stitched background and the colors combo! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously awesome! And definitely NOT cheesy to add the stitching . :)

    I love the patchwork squares and that adorable rocking horse and distressed mat. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooooo cute! Not cheesy at all. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, the stitching looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful and so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sew cute. (couldn't resist) I hope you had a good time learning to sew yesterday. Love this little horse.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your stitching is great!!! I love the quilt design and yes, that rocking horse is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for participating in our World Card Making Day Challenge! We just adore this your card and this neutral color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your card and how you used this stamp. I think I need to buy this set now. I also love your tone-on-tone color palette.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey you! You got featured a little...http://lawnfawn.blogspot.com/2011/10/world-card-making-day-winners.html (top row, 2nd from the right)

    ReplyDelete