Friday, September 30, 2011

scripts & houndstooth

Happy Friday, all!

To celebrate, I thought I'd play along with this week's Playdate Cafe challenge.  Not hard to be inspired by this week's photos:


I mean, right?  amazing!  I picked on the books, the script, and all of the warm colors... and this is what I came up with:



I started out with a sheet of SU's very vanilla cardstock.  I stamped the hero arts houndstooth background in crumb cake ink, and then went to town with my distress inks.  I stamped a faint script image over the top of that.



I also distressed and sponged my white doily into the warm espresso color of the inspiration photo.  The library card image was also distressed, and the lady silhouette was stamped off onto scrap paper.  The sentiment and silhouette are from PTI's "iconic images" set.  I added 3 buttons for balance, and to reinforce the challenge colors.

Thanks for looking!

15 comments:

  1. AWESOME take on both the colors AND the pictures from PDDC - Wonderful card too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card, Elena! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous..i love this inspiration too!!i hope to play this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow..stunning. Great take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on the challenge. Love how you included all the elements.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card. I like how you stamped a faint script over the houndstooth. The coffee colored doily & buttons make it so vintage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing! I have to say that the houndstooth layer is out of sight! Seriously wonderful with the text and yummy distress inking. Such an incredible card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful. I really love all the layering you did on that background paper.
    TFS
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this to pieces Elena! The collection of button, the doily...everything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, the buttons and doily look fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is so pretty, love the design and the embellies! Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! Love how you pulled color in from the buttons! Glad you joined us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete