Monday, September 19, 2011

summer colors...

It was very cold this weekend.  As in, sweaters and socks... sigh.  I'm digging in my heels and crafting in the colors of summer.  Right after I created this card, I started sewing together a garland of felt leaves... I can't help it - I love fall decor, even if I'm against the cold weather :)


I used versamark ink to create the different tone-on-tone backgrounds, and then swiped white ink around the edges to tone it all down just a bit.






supplies:
stamps (all PTI): polka dot basics II, background basics: vines, flower fusion #4, flower fusion #6 (sentiment)
ink: versamark, chocolate chip (SU)

5 comments:

  1. So pretty!! Love the tone on tone pattern, the stitching, and the inked edges!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card! I love the boxes and how each one is different, along with the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cheery. Love the color blocking. The details, like the scalloped border and stitching make the card that much more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. I love the edging work in particular. So effective. The soft focus effect is just perfect. The colors are captivating too....not to mention the wee scalloped border. Love. Gorgeous card Elena.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just so so pretty. I love the blocking and the colors. Love it!

    ReplyDelete