Friday, September 23, 2011

Is it okay...

if I show you another Christmas card?  It's been about a week, right?  I've shown you other stuff, right?


I've heard that *some people* don't want to think about Christmas yet.  Their prerogative.  But I can't help myself *twirlsaboutsingingattopvolumeit'sthemostwonderfultimeoftheyear*

This weekend, I'm going to start some Christmas crafting.  I want to make each of the children a "black apple doll."  I found the template on Martha Stewart's website, and it looks easy enough (famous last words, right?) The problem is that I can't really sew.  I know I've fooled you with all of the card-stitching I've been doing, but apart from sewing on cards, and making the occasional simple throw-pillow.... I just hope this isn't a case of ambition far-outweighing skill level :)  Are you planning any homemade gifts for the holidays?  Care to share?

ps.  For today's card, I used lawn fawn's "winter fox" and, with a bit of masking, layered the pine from "critters in the forest" behind it.  The embossed snowflakes are from an SU embossing folder, and I dabbed some light blue ink over the embossed parts to highlight them more...

Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

  1. i adore this. the way you've combined images is perfect. that fox stamp is so sweet. i forgot to add it to my cart :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me Likey very much. What a sweet holiday card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, this is beautiful! I love the embossing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. of course it's ok!:) so cute, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful Christmas card! So sweet - LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete