Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Sprouting babies...



Even though our little family is complete, I still get giddy with excitement whenever a new pregnancy is announced... and when the babe-to-be is your little sister's?  We're all over-the-moon.  

Sweeter still, that this pregnancy was prayed for by so many... I spotted a few wet eyes when the announcement was made... (unlike when the hubs and I announced our first pregnancy - the reaction we got was "you're expecting what?" and "is it confirmed?" - a priceless gem from each set of parents who were just not ready to become grandparents, I think!)


To celebrate this life-changing announcement, I've made a card with lawn fawn's cuter-than-anything "plus one" set.  I mean, c'mon... it's a smiley-faced oven :)

To begin, I masked the outside of the polaroid image, and stamped a grid-pattern on the inside.  I also layered the hero arts' "life of the party dots" background stamp in there and then rubbed some antique linen over everything.  The oven and "bun" images were paper-pieced (I stamped them on patterned paper, cut them out, and glue it all together).  The only coloring I did was inside the oven and on the knobs.

The mat with all the hearts started out as a piece of white cardstock.  I stamped the same grid-pattern over the whole area, and then layered different images from "plus one" scattered all over.  If you look closely, you might be able to pick out the stork, or the mobile images!  There's a baby carriage and a rattle, too (I should be giving out points or something for whoever could spot them all, ha ha!)  I also stamped PTI's background basics: hearts over the entire mat, and layered blue and brown distress inks over-top so that it better blended with my main image.


Thanks for looking!



supplies
stamps: (lawn fawn) plus one, say cheese, (PTI) background basics: hearts, (hero arts) life of the party dots, (SU) good grid
ink: memento black, (distress inks) tumbled glass, stormy sky, antique linen, vintage photo
paper: grid lines cardstock (PTI), early espresso, crumb cake, whisper white, misc. patterned paper (all SU)
misc: jumbo brown button, brown and white twine (etsy)

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the impending new addition to your family. And, that is one super card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And this is *not* just because my tiny-big sister just gave birth within the past twelve hours: I. HEART. THIS. So adorable.

    (And yes I'm using a different profile to comment today!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute...congrats to your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to the addition to your family! Your card is so fun...I love the colors and texture. So unusual for a baby card...that is what drew me to it! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how sweet and cute. Congrats to your little sis and family. Babies are such a joy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an incredible card! So many elements and hard work!

    Congrats on your new auntie status!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this card is just too cute...it's even more special when it's someone in the family!

    ReplyDelete