Wednesday, September 7, 2011

MIM #31

Hi peeps!  I'm just warning you ahead of time... I went a little crazy on the sewing machine.

This weeks' PTI Make-it-Monday challenge was to create a background using non-background stamps.  I took the triangle banners from "banner builder" and created a baby quilt:





I haven't decided yet if the crazy machine stitching works or not.  You can be the judge :)

The sweetie-pie cupcake image is from PTI's "baby button bits".  I paper-pieced the leaves, cupcake, and cupcake liner using different colors of cardstock that were stamped with subtle patterns.

Since the background is so crazy (or cozy... not sure yet, right?) I kept the focal panel super simple.

Hope you like it!

13 comments:

  1. This is wonderful, Elena!
    I love how you used the triangles to stamp a baby quilt and I really like how you sewed over top, but didn't follow the triangle lines-- I'm going to have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that background you created!! really awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever, Elena! I would never have thought to use the banners to make a background like you did. It has a quilt-like effect. Very cool. I like all of your stitching, too. I'd say it definitely works!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quilt. Great idea to use those banners. The stitching works for me, and looks very much like you would find on a real quilt. And that cupcake looks good enough to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! I love the quilt llok! Your background is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your background and the stitching looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome. Very creative. I love the stitching. You colors are great too!. Super card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very creative to put the banner builders to work on a quilt design. I think the stitching is just what it needed, too. Do you think you would like it better if you stitched along the interconnecting lines along the rows of triangles? Just a thought-it's a very clever and beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The crazy machine stitching definitely works. Just thought I'd let you know. ;-) Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! I miss that cupcake, I'm going to have to get mine out. Love the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your quilted background Elena and the yummy cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really excellent quilt - love the patchwork and quilting. And always love that cupcake, which you've stamped just perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It totally works! The stitching I mean. Such a cute card, I love cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete