Thursday, September 22, 2011

2 for the price of 1.

My littlest sis asked me to make a card for her hubby's 30th birthday. (Being 99.9% sure he never checks this blog, I figure I'm okay to post it a few days early, hee hee!)



So, necessity meets challenge.  Or, challenges, in this case.  I'm entering this card into the Play date cafe challenge:


and also, since Lawn fawn is sponsoring their challenge this week, why not create with LF's stamps and post another entry to the current Lawnscaping challenge:


Without further ado, here's what I came up with:


I thought the Play date colors were perfect for my masculine card!  I added grey as a neutral, and just a hint of blue in a text-y sky background.  I really wanted to let those colors stand as the focal point of my card!


Here's a closer-up view of the text background:  I stamped "enjoy the ride" (a sentiment from LF's "admit one") repeatedly using tumbled glass distress ink (which I first stamped off onto a scrap paper so that it would be very faint in the background).

The ferris wheel (from the same set), was stamped in memento black ink and colored in with copics.  My green "grass" was stamped in versamark ink with an image from "schoolhouse backdrops" and given a stitched-treatment to frame it out.

Thanks for looking!

10 comments:

  1. Perfect, Elena. I love the ferris wheel birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this! There's real movement to this card. And love that you pulled the circular theme out of the Play date Café challenge into your card, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is fabulous! I love the subtle text background! Love your stitching on the hills and coloring. This is fab! Thanks for playing along with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously fun card!!! I love the ferris wheel stamp and how you stamped the background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card Elena! Love the fun ferris wheel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a super cute card, thanks for playing with us. - Stacy Rodriguez

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a fun stamp, those colors work FAB on your card!! :) Cute blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. He's going to love it! Wonderful job with the colors and I love that subtle text background :) Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete